AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing my Denon AVR-1803 because of its low bandwith component video switching and I'm considering either a DA4ES or a DA1000ES. I have listened to the Da4ES but never the 1000. Does anybody know what is up with the new ES line of Sony? are they as good as the 3, 4, 5, 7 ES we had last year??

Thanks!

Jorge

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Jorge,

The 1000ES is at the bottom of their current ES receiver line and still has the linear power amps (the 2000ES and up have digital amps). The 4ES was in the middle of their previous ES line and is probably of much better build quality and performance than the current 1000ES. The 4ES is probably more comparable to the 3000ES. FYI, I own a 4ES and I'm very happy with it. Also, the new receivers are all silver while the older ones are black. I personally prefer black components over silver by a wide margin. IMHO, if you can get a 4ES for the same price as a 1000ES, then I think that's the way to go.

There's not much info on the 1000ES, but the higher models of current ES line are getting mostly favorable reviews. It seems that there was a issue with hiss at high volumes, but this has been recently reported to have been fixed and is no longer an issue.

Regards,

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.