AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted say thanks to Dvico for releasing a new software version each day. I think it is a good way for a person to find one that works for them.

Hopefully the updates continue daily.

Please list your experiences as they go.

Thanks.

I

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think most people are discussing their findings with these DViCO dailies in this thread. I just wish I was actually paying for digital cable so I could test the new QAM stuff fully...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm aware of thread. I thought it might generate more interest to other people using a Fusion but not reading that thread.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
I was just on the Dvico FTP and saw a file named Emerald

any idea what this is?

it is only 18MB
Well Emerald was/is the MS name for the expected Rollup #2 for MCE! This could be good news! "QAM Support?"

·
Registered
354 Posts
It seems to be nothing. Tried installing last night. It said it installed the emerald update, but there was nothing new in MCE... Try it and see...

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullgates
Just wanted say thanks to Dvico for releasing a new software version each day. I think it is a good way for a person to find one that works for them.
Daily updates . . . is this sort of like the theory that if you give an infinate number of monkeys typewriters they will eventually produce every major work of fiction ever produced? :D

Personally, I'd be happy if half the time Dvico came up with a new version that fixed a prior bug, that it actually fixed the prior bug.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrloopy
It seems to be nothing. Tried installing last night. It said it installed the emerald update, but there was nothing new in MCE... Try it and see...
Couldnt it just be that it has hooks that need rollup #2 to be installed for you to see any changes?

·
Banned
4,296 Posts
the emerald update on the Fusion FTP, I would think is the same update that will be released to the public in September

it was released to OEMs on august the 12th, apparently Dvico, put it on their FTP though

the update is suppose to be cable card ready, but the movies studios said no to having this

I did not even see an option for QAM

the menus are smoother now, though

Quote:
Daily updates . . . is this sort of like the theory that if you give an infinate number of monkeys typewriters they will eventually produce every major work of fiction ever produced?

Personally, I'd be happy if half the time Dvico came up with a new version that fixed a prior bug, that it actually fixed the prior bug.

I have been in contact with support for over a month now

with the same problem, that they said they would fix, after the initial request for support

my problem is MCE cannot tune FOX in Dallas here, (without first tuning another channel, or after the emerald update, not at all)

in the Fusion software, it refuses to add FOX to my channel lineup even though the signal strength is very high

I can only manually add RF35

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.