AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title implies, what is the norm? I have a Denon 3312ci and it has two SW outs. Is it better to daisy chain my NU6000dsp's or just use both sub outs on the receiver and two RCA/XLR adapters? I will be running two NU6000dsp's .

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After really looking at the back of one of my nu6000dsp's I see they are not like our old EP's and may not be able to be daisy chained.

Anyone have any info on this?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply Mrkazador. I believe you are right about the SW outs being a Y split.

I can input into one side of the amp and have two mono channels with the 6000dsp I believe.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to go into one 60000dsp and then out of that amp to another 6000dsp ( ie. daisy chaining the amps). We used to be able to do that back in the day with EP2500/4000 as I recall.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8TWRK  /t/1525486/daisy-chain-amps-or-run-extra-sub-outs/0_50#post_24567560

What I'm trying to figure out is how to go into one 60000dsp and then out of that amp to another 6000dsp ( ie. daisy chaining the amps).
Why? Simply run a cable from each SW output on the Denon to each amp.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkazador  /t/1525486/daisy-chain-amps-or-run-extra-sub-outs#post_24569238

I didn't know that the EP4000 was capable of that. Are you sure?

While I never did it, I read about some guys doing in in maybe 2009 or 2010? Also ordered the cables that I recall they used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A9X-308  /t/1525486/daisy-chain-amps-or-run-extra-sub-outs#post_24569399

Why? Simply run a cable from each SW output on the Denon to each amp.

I just wanted to If it would have worked why not? Run your adapter cable from the denon to the first amp and then a 1 ft patch cable to the second.

Not a big deal if it doesn't, but I have a couple of patch cables left over from back then I never used.

What do you do when you run out of SW outs? XLR splitter?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sounds like a job for an XLR signal distro

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome  /t/1525486/daisy-chain-amps-or-run-extra-sub-outs#post_24569355

The iNuke amps don't have a pass thru for daisy chaining like some other amps.

Thanks for the info DesertDome. Thats what i had feared when I really got to looking at the back of the amp. Appreciate you confirming it.

·
Registered
9,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8TWRK  /t/1525486/daisy-chain-amps-or-run-extra-sub-outs/0_50#post_24569428

I just wanted to If it would have worked why not? Run your adapter cable from the denon to the first amp and then a 1 ft patch cable to the second.

Not a big deal if it doesn't, but I have a couple of patch cables left over from back then I never used.
A cable is only a couple of $ and you'd already be up and running if you'd simply bought one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8TWRK  /t/1525486/daisy-chain-amps-or-run-extra-sub-outs/0_50#post_24569428

What do you do when you run out of SW outs? XLR splitter?
I run to DSPs before the subs so no shortage of outputs. I buy or make suitable cables as required.

However an XLR splitter will be fine for a couple of amps, but you have 2 outputs and 2 amps, so you don't need one as far as I can see.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by A9X-308  /t/1525486/daisy-chain-amps-or-run-extra-sub-outs#post_24569525

A cable is only a couple of $ and you'd already be up and running if you'd simply bought one.

No worries A9, I'm still up and running with my Mal-X

This is for my 4 UXL's that I' basically in the middle of.

I'm building and painting boxes, watching subs come in

Soon though I will have all four finished and in room.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts