AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok please don't flame me.

I have a very unique situation where I would like to daisy chain multiple rca speaker terminals. Other than the loss of signal (I'm not looking for quality in this situation) will a daisy chain situation work with a single speaker wire (i.e. run the wire to one terminal and then run a single wire run of that terminal to another terminal)? Thanks

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
and also lower the ohms for that channel, hope you receiver can handle it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus /forum/post/0

Do you want them connected in parallel or series?

What speakers have RCA connectors on them?

The speakers have bare wire connections. I wanted to connect 2 or more female rca terminals in series and then connect the speakers to the female rca jacks. The speakers would not be on all the time the receiver would be on. They would be in another room.

My receiver is a Yamaha rsx1500.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf999 /forum/post/0

The speakers have bare wire connections. I wanted to connect 2 or more female rca terminals in series and then connect the speakers to the female rca jacks. The speakers would not be on all the time the receiver would be on. They would be in another room.

My receiver is a Yamaha rsx1500.

If I understand what you are doing, that will raise the impedance, giving you less power.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I think you would be better off using a switch box. This way you don't have to have all the speakers on at once if nobody is in the other rooms. You could also hook up an impeadane matching volume control to the speakers that are not in the same room as the receiver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.