AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a denon avr-1905 or 2105 from one of these resellers. Does anyone have any reviews on their purchase. Was the item in good condition with all parts and manuals? Any problems with the equipment? The 2105 is $329 on ecost and $426 from dakmart. just trying to figure why there is such a difference being they are both authorized denon resellers.

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got a Denon from ecost, DOA. They wouldn't take it back and send me a new one, so I basically lost out on the rest of the warranty getting it fixed. Look at the warranty that Dakmart offers, I believe its a year instead of ecost's 90 day.

The other items I bought from ecost of been trouble-free for years. I guess its hit or miss.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I purchased a B-Stock Denon DVD-2900 from Dakmart around 2 or 3 years ago, and it's still going strong. It seems perfectly new. I'd recommend buying from them (eyeing the new 3910 and 5910's right now).

Christian

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I bought a B-stock Denon AVR-5803A from Dakmart, unfortunatly the one that I recieved was'nt the upgraded one, so I returned It, and got a full refund. They have great customer service thou.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I just bought a Sony universal remote from ecost and it arrived DOA. Now I need to jump through all the hoops to try to get a refund.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pack66
I'd be interested to here people's experiences as well. I was thinking of buying from either one, but was scared off by their ratings on www.resellerratings.com .
This has been talked about for years. Neither company has decent customer service so if you buy from them, hope the product works right out of the box. If it dosen't you'll have an excellent chance of lowering their rating even further.

I've bought numerous products from ecost without a problem. Everything has worked right out of the box. The remotes on a couple of refurbs were not factory remotes but I can deal with that.

David

·
Registered
563 Posts
I've bought several electronic products from e-cost (speakers and a b-stock receiver) and did not have a problem. I bought my LCD RP 50" TV from Dakmart and the transaction was smooth. I needed to find my receipt about 1 year later, and they gave speedy customer service to help me out.

·
Banned
574 Posts
You are sure to find good and bad experiences with either company. Here's my story.

2 yrs ago I bought a 2900 dvd player from ecost. 3 weeks later it still had not arrived although they claimed it was in stock and would be shipped any day now.

I gave them one more week and then Icancelled my order. I then ordered one from dakmart. It arrived 5 days later and worked fine for over a year before I sold it.

dan

·
Registered
102 Posts
What is b stock

·
Registered
183 Posts
B-stock means the unit has been factory refurbished.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tsave money and peace of mind, would you buy B stock or grey market/Costco, etc --

·
Registered
653 Posts
I've gotten several things from ecost without problems so far. Both ecost and Dakmart sell factory refurbished products, and for Denon, Dakmart usually has a 1 year warranty, ecost only has a 90 day warranty. I'm willing to gamble that if I have problems with whatever I buy, it will happen in the first couple of weeks based on past experience, so I prefer to gamble that ecost's lower price won't come back to bite me between the 90 days and a year for a Dakmart warranty

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have bought from ecost and had no problems. I have not purchased anything through dakmart due to the prices being higher. I think it's pretty safe buying B-stock. If a piece has an issue repaired and then it thorougly tested, what are the odds of it occuring again? Sometimes, if it is a unit with a known bug, I would even go as far as saying I would prefer to buy B-stock as many times the bug would be taken care of in the fix.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Tsave money and peace of mind, would you buy B stock or grey market/Costco, etc --
what makes you lump Costco in with gray market? They are one of the safest places you can buy and their return policy (the stores' at least) is unbeatable. Unfortunately their audio selection is very thin usually.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Both are not Manufacturer endorsed dealers.

Most reputable Internet sellers advise they are not manufacture rep's and their warranties are therefore stated as "returns/replacements honored for a year," should you return, and experiences seem to vary.

Costco like Sam's is "no questions asked" and this is actually better in common experience.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Recently purchased 2 Denon AVR-2015 receivers from e-cost. One of the units had some cosmetic blemishes, but worked perfectly right out of the box. The other unit was not packaged well and appeared to be damaged in shipping. E-cost allowed me to return the damaged unit for a replacement, which arrived about 1 week later. I've had both receivers for about 2 months now - no problems yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.