AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my amp will be marantz 1603. i like it for music performance.

i plan to use it with a pair of speakers. for music and watching tv.

which one do u suggest to me?

dali ikon 5 mk2,polk audio tsi400 or dali zensor 5

zensor5 and polk audio ts400 is about same price and dali ikon 5 is 2 times higher

thank u

·
Registered
560 Posts
That would be an easy choice for me. I'm not a big fan of Polk, but I love Dali. I have a pair of Dali Lektor 3's and love them. They are incredibly warm and detailed and they don't even have the ribbon tweeter of the higher end Dali's. I would also get the Ikon's if I had the money. Your money is best spent on speakers so if you've got the funds, get the best you can afford.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweaked05  /t/1421316/dali-ikon-5-mk2-polk-audio-tsi400-or-dali-zensor-5-for-marantz-1603#post_22240063

That would be an easy choice for me. I'm not a big fan of Polk, but I love Dali. I have a pair of Dali Lektor 3's and love them. They are incredibly warm and detailed and they don't even have the ribbon tweeter of the higher end Dali's. I would also get the Ikon's if I had the money. Your money is best spent on speakers so if you've got the funds, get the best you can afford.

thank u. so ill go with ikon 5 mk2.

whathfi's only bad point for ikon5 mk2 is it says "Bass sounds detached"

what does it mean? i didnt understand "detached"

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulhamx5  /t/1421316/dali-ikon-5-mk2-polk-audio-tsi400-or-dali-zensor-5-for-marantz-1603#post_22240127

thank u. so ill go with ikon 5 mk2.

whathfi's only bad point for ikon5 mk2 is it says "Bass sounds detached"

what does it mean? i didnt understand "detached"

Don't be overly concerned with the review. A reviewer usually must list some sort of con to balance the pros.

Detached bass can mean that the bass level or tone does not match well with the rest of the music. This could be a function of placement rather than the actual performance of the speaker.

The Ikon series are very nice speakers. I'm sure you will be pleased.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulhamx5  /t/1421316/dali-ikon-5-mk2-polk-audio-tsi400-or-dali-zensor-5-for-marantz-1603#post_22239843

my amp will be marantz 1603. i like it for music performance.

i plan to use it with a pair of speakers. for music and watching tv.

which one do u suggest to me?

dali ikon 5 mk2,polk audio tsi400 or dali zensor 5

zensor5 and polk audio ts400 is about same price and dali ikon 5 is 2 times higher

thank u
The Ikon 5's are the best of the 3 candidates, If you buy the lower end models you'll always wonder if you should have gotten the better speakers. In the end you'll end up upgrading and the cost will be more than if you purchased what you really wanted in the first place.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A  /t/1421316/dali-ikon-5-mk2-polk-audio-tsi400-or-dali-zensor-5-for-marantz-1603#post_22240345

The Ikon 5's are the best of the 3 candidates, If you buy the lower end models you'll always wonder if you should have gotten the better speakers. In the end you'll end up upgrading and the cost will be more than if you purchased what you really wanted in the first place.
dear

dear Tweaked05,stevensctt and Class A;

thank u very much for your replies. my speakers will be ikon 5 mk2
i wish they ll be good team with marantz 1603

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulhamx5  /t/1421316/dali-ikon-5-mk2-polk-audio-tsi400-or-dali-zensor-5-for-marantz-1603#post_22240447

dear

dear Tweaked05,stevensctt and Class A;

thank u very much for your replies. my speakers will be ikon 5 mk2
i wish they ll be good team with marantz 1603

The 1603 will team well with the Ikon 5 as long as prolonged, high volume use is avoided

1 - 7 of 7 Posts