AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my polk Lsi9s and have been looking at the Dali Mentor 2's and Dynaudio 1.4s.

I will be driving them with a B&K amp and wanted to see your opinions on both. The Mentor's just came out so I cant find any reviews yet. The Dyn's are 4 ohms but the B&K is great with Polks which are 4 ohms also.

Its going to be 50%HT and 50% music in a deciated room which is already treated.

I am going to check them out later this week at a dealer who has both on display .

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
you are going to have to see if you like Dali's Tweeter hybrid system. Its a like it or not type of thing.

For me and the type of music i listen to, the Dali hybrid tweeter added too much ssssss sound to female vocals.

YMMV

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonomega /forum/post/0

you are going to have to see if you like Dali's Tweeter hybrid system. Its a like it or not type of thing.

For me and the type of music i listen to, the Dali hybrid tweeter added too much ssssss sound to female vocals.

YMMV

I did read about the Hybrid thing and you are correct! its love or hate. I gotta make sure that I take some female vocal CDS with me when I do the audition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.