AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some new fronts. I have been looking at the rubicon 8 speakers now for quite some time. I have always loved Dali and the Rubicon seems a sensible choice without totally going nuts at the bank with the bank, (epicon.)

But to my surprises the Klipsch Rf7 iii cost the same here in Norway. And while these are horn powered, and probably not as agile in the high range, they are still quite impressive. Very much larger, and can supposedly handle extreme volume levels, if I eh, indeed need to crank there volume to those levels. It is Klipsch after all.

Does anybody have experience with either two? And which would you choose? Ty very much.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
You’ll probably find very very few that have experience with Dali here. I heard all their older speakers but nothing of the current lineup. The Mentors were great and I’d had taken them over Klipsch, but I haven’t heard the RF7s ever and I know people like them. If I were you I’d simply audition both and pic your favorite, I’m sure the Dalis can play loud enough, but that’s ultimately your choice to make.

Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Both are great speakers... I have never heard them back to back though... my guess is that the Dalis would be a more relaxing listen... better for long term sessions... but will be more demanding of amp power. Given plenty of power, I suspect they will be plenty loud in most rooms... BUT if you have smaller amps or REALLY want it LOUD then maybe the Klipsch are better... I do not think you will go wrong with either one... You might also want to consider the Heritage line of Klipsch speakers. Even the smaller Heresy IV is a fine piece. It won't dig as deep a the 7 but it will have better tone and a sub can always be employed to fill out the low end if need be... also as a side note.. the sensitivity of the Klipsch make them great at LOW levels too... my Dali's (Rubicon 2s) sound OK at low levels... but really come to life with a bit of power applied... my Klipsh (Forte IIs) sound great at low volumes and can also reach ear splitting volumes even with a small amp... but I feel they are fatiguing at normal listening levels (I understand the never IVs are not nearly as fatiguing but have not had the pleasure of listening to them).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts