AVS Forum banner

3921 - 3940 of 3999 Posts

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I have zensor 1 speakers and sub E-9 F. In the manual dali suggests to set crossover at 90mhz with zensor 1. Is it better to set crossover to 90 or 80 mhz?
There won't be a huge difference either way. If you can play with both settings and see what you like best that'd be the best way to see what you prefer; my guess is there there won't be much of a difference either way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Suite 2.8 (FL/FR) + C 0.8 (Center). Have been using a NAD T787 receiver for many years now and very happy with this combination. I have the 2.8 (FL/FR) biamp'ed.
Not sure it's necessary, but at one time this became my setup.
I would in your case select the SR5011. One can never have enough power IMHO.
SR5011 was delivered yesterday, am very happy with it. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the old Dali suit 1.5 still sounding wounderfull i was up for uppgrade to dali zenzor 5 or 7 but they sounded way too cold for me then i got to test xtz spirit 11 and so if anybody are thinking abaout dali zenzor 5 or 7 you cold always check ztz line up. B&W also sounded at least not extremely cold but i dont know what dali have made to get them sound so cold.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Need suggestion, can Rubican-2 can be placed to wall with gap of 5cm?
And how different it sounds is the from Opticon line.
And does Rubicon need high wattage amplifiers, I am looking less than 10watts single tube amplifier.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just looked up the Dali Opticon 6, which is a pretty attractive speaker.

Dali Opticon 6 Mid-Sized Floorstanding Speakers:
£1199 in the UK yet $2495 in the USA -- should be $1550 at the current exchange rate

Are they made in Denmark or China?

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Just looked up the Dali Opticon 6, which is a pretty attractive speaker.

Dali Opticon 6 Mid-Sized Floorstanding Speakers:
£1199 in the UK yet $2495 in the USA -- should be $1550 at the current exchange rate

Are they made in Denmark or China?

Dali assembles the speakers in Denmark, the woofers are built in house. I think the tweeters are built by scanspeak.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks

Found them on eBay UK for £995/pair (about $1,298) plus £92.70 shipping to the USA. Perfect :)
Works out to about $1420 delivered for a pair of Opticon 6.

Unfortunately, I also worked out that they have rear-firing ports, which will not work for me :(

(UK seller is 'scientificz' -- no relation)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very nice setup. I own the Euphonia's for 2 years now, still very happy with them. I alsu use 2 JL-Audio subwoofers. Let us know what you think about the Epicon 6.. I have listened to them several times now.. And I have been experimenting with lots of other speakers.. Not because I am not happy with the MS4 but because it's fun to listen to different speakers. Still keeping my Euphonia MS4.

On top you see harmonizers for €2000,- It sounded better without.
Wow!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any Dali owners in Colorado? Would be nice if I could swap the speakers with likeminded people to see how other speakers fare in the home setup.
I've seen few auditions but want to try them at home before upgrading or changing them.
I had Dali Zensor 7s (front), Dali Vokal (centre), Dali Sub EF-12 , Dali Zensor 3s(SL, SR), Dali Zensor 1s(SB), Cambridge Audio Minx 21 as (atmos speakers) in 9.1 setup.
Ever since i moved here to Colorado i'm just using fronts, centre, sub and just one surround right speaker due to lack of space, all other speakers are boxed up. Mainly listening in 2.1. (All driven by Yamaha RXA 3050)

Thinking of Naim Uniti Atom or Parasound Halo Integrated as an addition. Anyone used these with your Dali's?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I present my speakers Dali Helicon 300 MK2 with electronics Parasound and Marantz from Argentina
Beautiful!

I really like the Helicon MK2 series: one of the most beautiful speakers ever made. And I like the sound of the 300mk2. I tried them at home. I truly miss my Helicon 800mk2 speakers.

Have you ever moved the speakers a little further away from the wall?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Beautiful!

I really like the Helicon MK2 series: one of the most beautiful speakers ever made. And I like the sound of the 300mk2. I tried them at home. I truly miss my Helicon 800mk2 speakers.

Have you ever moved the speakers a little further away from the wall?

Thanks!!.

The room is acoustically treated. The red back panel is filled with glass wool with a thickness of 5 inches and the speakers are away from the wall by approximately 10 inches.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Am posting this in both the GoldenEar and Dali threads.

I currently have a 5.1 home theater set up with the equipment listed below. Would like to add two rear surround speakers to expand to 7.1. Due to room layout I need to use wall mount speakers with minimum depth, cannot use In-Walls.

I am considering GoldenEar Technology SuperSat 3’s. Any thoughts on whether these will work adequately with the Dali speakers and Velodyne sub? If these cannot keep up, my second choice would be SuperSat 50’s.

The room is 13’ wide, 20’ long, with an 8’ 10” high ceiling. There is a partially open staircase rising along the back wall. Front speakers (and TV) are across the 13’ wide front wall and approximately 2.5’ out from the wall. Primary listening position is 9’ back from the front speakers. Side Surrounds are directly to the sides. Rear surrounds will be on the rear wall approximately 8.5’ behind the primary listening position, spaced 5’ apart. Their sound will be partially going through the balustrades (1” diameter spaced 3.5” apart) and hand rail on the stairway.

I occasionally like to listen at louder volume levels, especially with concerts, but nothing like ear splitting or distorted levels.

System is:
• Integra Research RDC-7.1 PrePro
• Sherbourn 7/2100A power amp
• Samsung HLS7178 DLP TV
• Dali Helicon 400 Mk I Front Left and Front Right
• Dali Helicon C200 Mk I Center
• Dali Ikon Mk I On-Wall Side Surrounds
• Velodyne DD-12 Sub
• Sony S6700 BluRay
• DirecTV High-Def STB

Thanks
Bruce

·
Registered
965 Posts
Why don't you just use another pair of the Dali Ikon Mk I On-Wall Side Surrounds for the rear speakers?
Thanks for the suggestion. That was actually my original idea when I had the house prewired for surround speakers during construction. But after we moved in and lived with the house for awhile, I realized they would protrude too far into the stairway which is a main artery of traffic flow in the house. There would be too much risk of people bumping into them going up and down the stairs and either tripping, or ripping the speakers off the wall.

I looked at the Opticon LCR. Its a uniform 5" deep where my Ikon On-Walls are 6.5" deep at their thickest point. But the SuperSat 3 / 50 are only 2.75" / 2.5" deep, are a good bit less expensive, and I'm assuming won't cause major issues with timbre match

Cheers
Bruce

·
Registered
965 Posts
Dali does have some low profile on-wall and several in-wall speakers in their current offerings.
As I mentioned, cannot use In-Walls.

I just took another look at the Dali web site for other On-Walls outside of the Opticon LCR. The Rubicon LCR is not as thin as the Opticon and is more expensive.

There are several Fazon models that can be wall mounted and the prices are reasonable. But they are not as thin as the GolderEar SuperSats, and when you use the Dali wall mounts the Fazons protrude out even further from the wall. Per the manufacturer's specs, the Fazons have a lower sensitivity and will not handle as much power as the SuperSats.

Dali used to offer a frame for certain In-Wall speakers so they could be wall mounted, but they were not available for the Ikon In-Walls. I did not find any frames on their current web site.

Thanks
Bruce

3921 - 3940 of 3999 Posts