AVS Forum banner

3941 - 3960 of 3998 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Where can I find a list of DALI retailers in the U.S.?

The dealer locator on DALI's website isn't very helpful.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I never understand why this brand gets little traction. I have a pair of Dali Rubicon 6's for my mains and a Dali Epicon Vokal center that is in my opinion the best center channel money can buy. I love these speakers and I feel lucky and spoiled to own them. Yet the Dali line simply gets little fan fare. It is too bad as I don't think they get marketed very well here in the US....

·
Registered
363 Posts
I never understand why this brand gets little traction. I have a pair of Dali Rubicon 6's for my mains and a Dali Epicon Vokal center that is in my opinion the best center channel money can buy. I love these speakers and I feel lucky and spoiled to own them. Yet the Dali line simply gets little fan fare. It is too bad as I don't think they get marketed very well here in the US....
I agree. Makes me wonder what the reaction would be if auditioned alongside some of the more popular speakers talked about in these forums. I plan to keep adding to my Dali collection, likely with Epicons in my lounge when I finish the basement and add a 2ch setup.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Where can I find a list of DALI retailers in the U.S.?

The dealer locator on DALI's website isn't very helpful.
Quite late but I think Sound Organization is still the distribution partner.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I will be getting Q acoustics 3050i for a 3.0 set up and now researching a matching center. I have the concept centre on the way but I'm concerned about the 4inch drivers. So I've been looking at the Zensor Vokal. Anybody have any thoughts on if they would be a good match for the Q Acoustics?

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I will be getting Q acoustics 3050i for a 3.0 set up and now researching a matching center. I have the concept centre on the way but I'm concerned about the 4inch drivers. So I've been looking at the Zensor Vokal. Anybody have any thoughts on if they would be a good match for the Q Acoustics?

I think both the Dali Concept Center and the Dali Zensor Vokal will be a good choice. Once you apply Bass Managment on your AVR these centers will surely give you a superb performance once it comes to dialog intelligibility. Usually most important is to place the center by tilting it to face seated ear height (up or down). Like any other speaker, they will deliver not only their highest SPL (sound pressure level), but also their widest frequency range when positioned on-axis with ears as described above. Go for it! You can't make a mistake with any Dali! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think both the Dali Concept Center and the Dali Zensor Vokal will be a good choice. Once you apply Bass Managment on your AVR these centers will surely give you a superb performance once it comes to dialog intelligibility. Usually most important is to place the center by tilting it to face seated ear height (up or down). Like any other speaker, they will deliver not only their highest SPL (sound pressure level), but also their widest frequency range when positioned on-axis with ears as described above. Go for it! You can't make a mistake with any Dali! :)
Whoops. Sorry, I had no idea that Dali made a similar named center speaker :confused: The center speaker I was referring to was the Q Acoustics Concept Centre. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Whoops. Sorry, I had no idea that Dali made a similar named center speaker :confused: The center speaker I was referring to was the Q Acoustics Concept Centre. Thanks for the advice.

No problem. I think you'll be better off when following guidelines for center placement as described earlier. Have fun and enjoy your system after a complete and careful setup! :)

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Any of you guys ever use the DALI - Zensor 1 Bookshelf Speakers for a 2.1 desktop setup.Thinking about getting a pair.
I use a similar pair of Concept 1 as a 2.0 in my bedroom and like them very much.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I use a similar pair of Concept 1 as a 2.0 in my bedroom and like them very much.
@Banks1:

Fully agree with callas01! I also have a pair of Dali Concept 1s in my HT system used as surrounds and another pair for front R/L heights. They are excellent speakers and I'm sure they will do equally fine in your desktop setup. Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Is the Zensor a step up from the DALI - Spektor series? I know they both get great reviews,just wondering if one is a little better than the other.I have a pair of WHARFEDALE - Diamond 220s that are really good for desktop because they are downported.But I am using them a surrounds in the family room.My wife likes to listen to t.v. in all chan.Stereo .So I was thinking that the Dali,s would either do well at the desktop or would match up better with my Revel f 36,s .I just cant afford to get the Revel m16s for surrounds right now, they are almost 3 times the price of the Dali,s.I just use 2.1 for music and don't ever use the system for h.t. except when the grandkids come.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Still nobody managed to listen the new OBERON speakers? 0 result with the search.This is positioned above Zensor and priced well (at least here in Europe) so it could be popular.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anyone have an opinion of adding Dali Alteco C-1 to my existing 5.1 setup with a Marantz SR6013 AVR to gain Atmos? I would place on top of my front Opticon 5's floor standing R/L to gain the 3D height over head? Given Marantz now supports the IMAX solution any limitations with these Altecco on getting all the sound modes enabled that I lack now?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Still nobody managed to listen the new OBERON speakers? 0 result with the search.This is positioned above Zensor and priced well (at least here in Europe) so it could be popular.
I’ve listened to the Oberon 5s in stereo and absolutely love them. The clarity exceeds my Zensors, but they are more neutral and balanced (Zensors tend to be a bit full and warm). Love the Zensor Vokal as a full center in my main setup. The Oberon Vokal is crystal clear, edging out the Zensor Vokal but carrying some of the same dynamics.

For a large room and primary home theatre setup, I might find the Oberon 5s a bit thin, whereas my Zensor 7s really round out the sound. After I setup the Oberon I thought I would hate my main setup based on the better clarity Oberons but the scale and soundstage in the Zensors still exceeds the 5s. I do have a huge bias on my subs...so it’s a bit unfair since my ULS is better calibrated and integrated, but I still feel a thinness in the 5s vs the Zensor 7s.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I’ve listened to the Oberon 5s in stereo and absolutely love them. The clarity exceeds my Zensors, but they are more neutral and balanced (Zensors tend to be a bit full and warm). Love the Zensor Vokal as a full center in my main setup. The Oberon Vokal is crystal clear, edging out the Zensor Vokal but carrying some of the same dynamics.

For a large room and primary home theatre setup, I might find the Oberon 5s a bit thin, whereas my Zensor 7s really round out the sound. After I setup the Oberon I thought I would hate my main setup based on the better clarity Oberons but the scale and soundstage in the Zensors still exceeds the 5s. I do have a huge bias on my subs...so it’s a bit unfair since my ULS is better calibrated and integrated, but I still feel a thinness in the 5s vs the Zensor 7s.

Hope this helps.
Since then I've read customer reviews and they are saying the same as you so that it's less warm than Dali in general and is a better series than Zensor.

The 5s are always thinner than the 7s across all Dali series, as they should be since they are smaller so it's a bit unfair to compare a 5 vs a 7 :)

Overall then it's something worth to check out who are looking for a rather neutral speaker, thanks for your input. Somebody who have Zensor and Oberon at home is rare, only home user can give useful opinion.

3941 - 3960 of 3998 Posts