AVS Forum banner

3961 - 3980 of 3999 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
The 5s are always thinner than the 7s across all Dali series, as they should be since they are smaller so it's a bit unfair to compare a 5 vs a 7 :)
Totally agree, but if I did not comment on it someone might think it was not an occurrence. And truthfully, we ended up with Oberons based on WAF. Given those requirements and sacrifices, I went up in SQ so that I wasn’t disappointed with something that looked good but performed worse than other options I was considering.

Reactions: fatallerror

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Still nobody managed to listen the new OBERON speakers? 0 result with the search.This is positioned above Zensor and priced well (at least here in Europe) so it could be popular.

I heard the Oberon 7 last October at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, and they have to be one of the best values in speakers. I and my buddies were bowled over by the bass Dali gets out them, and the mids and highs were great as well. I really like that Dali gives you two 7" woofers at this price point and is at the same time able to integrate that larger diameter tweeter with them. Also, the Oberon is the least expensive Dali speaker range that employs their SMC magnet technology.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I heard the Oberon 7 last October at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, and they have to be one of the best values in speakers. I and my buddies were bowled over by the bass Dali gets out them, and the mids and highs were great as well. I really like that Dali gives you two 7" woofers at this price point and is at the same time able to integrate that larger diameter tweeter with them. Also, the Oberon is the least expensive Dali speaker range that employs their SMC magnet technology.
Do you agree with the statement that it's rather neutral than warm?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Do you agree with the statement that it's rather neutral than warm?
Yes, the Oberon seemed neutral to me, but I have not heard any of the Zensor series to be able to make any comparison.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Does anyone know how to find a list of authorized Dali dealers in the US?

I have tried several times to find the list of US dealers using the Dali web site but it doesn't work for me. It could be I am not doing something correctly, but I don't know what else to try.

Searching with Google I have found two on-line sources for Dali speakers, Amazon and Audiolab, but I don't know if they are authorized. And neither lists the finish available that I want.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bruce

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Does anyone know how to find a list of authorized Dali dealers in the US?

I have tried several times to find the list of US dealers using the Dali web site but it doesn't work for me. It could be I am not doing something correctly, but I don't know what else to try.

Searching with Google I have found two on-line sources for Dali speakers, Amazon and Audiolab, but I don't know if they are authorized. And neither lists the finish available that I want.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bruce

Yes, their web site dealer locator is useless. Lenbrook is the US distributor, so you might start with them. They have some regional sales managers, and could give you the phone number of the one that covers your area.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Yes, their web site dealer locator is useless. Lenbrook is the US distributor, so you might start with them. They have some regional sales managers, and could give you the phone number of the one that covers your area.
Thank you. I just sent them an email.

Bruce

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wish this thread had more recent content! I've been a Dali fan for years. I use their speakers in three rooms.

Anyway, I recently moved from Zensor 3s to Oberon 5s in, what used to be a 2.0 system and have been very happy with the upgrade. But I also recently purchased an Oberon vokal in black ash with the hopes of turning it into a 5.1/7.1 system eventually. Fast forward about a month and I just purchased a pair of Oberon 7s in black ash so they'd match the center channel. They're being delivered today. I'm very interested to hear the difference. I was VERY impressed with the bass output of the 5s, so I'm sure the 7s will be even better. Anyone do the same?

ALSO, I was hoping the Oberon's would fix the itch for a 2-channel upgrade as well but I found some Helicon 400 MK1s on the used market from $1400-1700 and now I'm looking for a fix again :). I'm wondering, for a budget of $2,000, what would be the recommended speakers for a dedicated 2-channel setup? I'd like something I can keep for years and years and I'm hesitant to go for the Helicons because I know there are so many other good, more updated speakers out there in this range. However, for the used price, I thought the Helicons would be a steal given their original price. Would love opinions and recommendations.

Thanks!
Kevin

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Wish this thread had more recent content! I've been a Dali fan for years. I use their speakers in three rooms.

Anyway, I recently moved from Zensor 3s to Oberon 5s in, what used to be a 2.0 system and have been very happy with the upgrade. But I also recently purchased an Oberon vokal in black ash with the hopes of turning it into a 5.1/7.1 system eventually. Fast forward about a month and I just purchased a pair of Oberon 7s in black ash so they'd match the center channel. They're being delivered today. I'm very interested to hear the difference. I was VERY impressed with the bass output of the 5s, so I'm sure the 7s will be even better. Anyone do the same?

ALSO, I was hoping the Oberon's would fix the itch for a 2-channel upgrade as well but I found some Helicon 400 MK1s on the used market from $1400-1700 and now I'm looking for a fix again :). I'm wondering, for a budget of $2,000, what would be the recommended speakers for a dedicated 2-channel setup? I'd like something I can keep for years and years and I'm hesitant to go for the Helicons because I know there are so many other good, more updated speakers out there in this range. However, for the used price, I thought the Helicons would be a steal given their original price. Would love opinions and recommendations.

Thanks!
Kevin

All I know is, my group and I were bowled over by their Oberon 7, including their bass at RMAF last October. We couldn't not believe the bass they got out of those. I think the fact that they give you TWO 7" woofers helps the surprising bass output. If you want to try higher end Dali, the Epicon line really ups the ante with their SMC technology. I'd be very interested in the Epicon 6.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Are AudioLab.com or NeedleDoctor authorized dealers? I've been thinking of getting the KLH Kendall but the Dali Oberon 7 have me very intrigued.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Are AudioLab.com or NeedleDoctor authorized dealers? I've been thinking of getting the KLH Kendall but the Dali Oberon 7 have me very intrigued.
Idk about AudioLab but I believe Needle Doctor is, you can always call them and ask. Also Audiovisionssf.com is an authorized dealer perhaps they will sell to you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dali owners , specifically any Phantom owners, need some advice.

I am moving and under pressure from the wife to consider in-walls. I have had inwalls before (Klipsch and Triad). Triad come designed with a back box. That was two houses ago. Since that time, have moved more to two channel / vinyl audio. So, I want quality sound for two channel, not HT. I have located some used Helicon Phantom in-wall speakers. Does anyone have enough experience with these to vouch for them? Will they suffice for a solid 2 channel set up? Or are the Helicon IW-200's best used for surround options?

I am not in the category of "go try a bunch of speakers out, find what you like". I am a soft dome tweeter guy and have used many different Dynaudio models. I am hooked on the Danish sound. They don't really have any solid in-wall options.

Thanks in advance for your help. Oh, and no worries on the rest of my chain. I am running a Musical Fidelity Integrated m6si that can handle just about anything.

Maybe a solution might be the Opticon or Rubicon On-Walls. Is anyone using these as Mains, and if so, are you using them for music and AV? Please share your experience if you are.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have Helicon mains and center, and 4 Euphonia in-walls for surrounds in my theater. If I could only use in-walls, I would not hesitate to use either the Helicon or Euphonia in-wall speakers.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Dali owners , specifically any Phantom owners, need some advice.

I am moving and under pressure from the wife to consider in-walls. I have had inwalls before (Klipsch and Triad). Triad come designed with a back box. That was two houses ago. Since that time, have moved more to two channel / vinyl audio. So, I want quality sound for two channel, not HT. I have located some used Helicon Phantom in-wall speakers. Does anyone have enough experience with these to vouch for them? Will they suffice for a solid 2 channel set up? Or are the Helicon IW-200's best used for surround options?

I am not in the category of "go try a bunch of speakers out, find what you like". I am a soft dome tweeter guy and have used many different Dynaudio models. I am hooked on the Danish sound. They don't really have any solid in-wall options.

Thanks in advance for your help. Oh, and no worries on the rest of my chain. I am running a Musical Fidelity Integrated m6si that can handle just about anything.

Maybe a solution might be the Opticon or Rubicon On-Walls. Is anyone using these as Mains, and if so, are you using them for music and AV? Please share your experience if you are.

You can still go with Triad and get exquisite audiophile sound. Take a look at the speakers below -- they feature silky-smooth Scan Speak drivers:

https://www.triadspeakers.com/product-tag/monitors/

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have Helicon mains and center, and 4 Euphonia in-walls for surrounds in my theater. If I could only use in-walls, I would not hesitate to use either the Helicon or Euphonia in-wall speakers.
Thank you. Was looking for this exact type of response, someone who has the boxes as mains, who has also used the in-walls. I found someone who has the helicons at a very good asking price.

I would not hesitate to use the Triad's again, as I had the silver SE's before and loved them, but the price of the helicon IW-200's are just too good to pass up. This is not going to be my "main" set up, but it will be used the most.

I will report back in a few months, with my observations.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an original pair of Dali 8 from 1985, excellent condition 3.5 way looking to sell it trade, pic can be sent by text 716-361-1667 Tom in Buffalo NY thanks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seeking Advice for Atmos 5.2.4 layout

Hi gurus,

Looking at getting Dali speakers for my Atmos 5.2.4 setup in a small apartment living room.

Please see the attached layout plan.

FR/FL - either Dali Oberon 1 on stands or Oberon 5
FC - Oberon Vokal
SR/SL - Dali On Wall
FH/BH (for the atmos heights) - Dali Altco
Sub - Either Dali E9F or SVS SB2000

Seeking advice on placements and suitability in my context.

Any feedback and comments welcomed. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Hi gurus,

Looking at getting Dali speakers for my Atmos 5.2.4 setup in a small apartment living room.

Please see the attached layout plan.

FR/FL - either Dali Oberon 1 on stands or Oberon 5
FC - Oberon Vokal
SR/SL - Dali On Wall
FH/BH (for the atmos heights) - Dali Altco
Sub - Either Dali E9F or SVS SB2000

Seeking advice on placements and suitability in my context.

Any feedback and comments welcomed. :)

At only $300 higher price, I'd get those Oberon 7 for the front L/R speakers. The Oberon 7 gives you TWO 7 inch woofers per speaker! I heard them at RMAF and it was danged impressive for $1,400.

3961 - 3980 of 3999 Posts