AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read here a number of times that the DaLite high gain screen is NOT a good choice for ceiling mount projection. Could someone explain this? If my viewing location (eyes) is roughly vertically centered on the wall/screen I'm looking at, what difference is there if I am projecting from the floor onto a normally oriented screen or if the PJ is on the ceiling with the screen material rotated 180 deg. (upside down)?

I am really trying to make my LT150 'fit' my theater room that's dependent on ceiling mounting the projector - especially if the high gain is the optimal screen. It's tough to get a 96" wide image without it going into the floor (I'm just using the wall at the moment).

- Dieter

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
The High Gain screen has a 25 degree viewing angle, which means your viewing angle should be less than 25 degrees off axis of the projector's. Depending on how it is setup, a ceiling mount could work OK with the High Gain.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
xp800,

I have My LT150 Ceiling mounted with my High Power 2.8.

I have actually found it better ceiling mounted than on the floor.

My projector is set up at 6ft from the floor and when seated my eyes are at approx. 44"-46" from the floor. (That's a big difference)

When seated (with the projector ceiling mounted) my eyes to projector ratio is apprx. 28" apart. (I can tell you that it looks awesome with this setup!

Believe me I get all the punch in the world that way.

The colors are bright and this projector with this screen is absolutely astonishing for the eyes!!!

Sincere regards,

A happy camper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.