AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this the best deal for this type and size of screen? I'm thinking of upgrading from my Matte White 1.1 gain to this Hipower 2.8 gain screen for my 550 lumens Sony VPL-CX1. I found it at www.biz2bizonline.com/dalite/wscreens5.htm

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Huey,

I don't know how the prices will compare but ask AVS for their price before you purchase. They're a Dalite dealer

too and if they're in the ballpark give them your business.

They're our hosts.

Bob Wood

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
That's a very good price. I had $299 quoted for a Da-lite High Power 60" x 80" model B, so your deal is a bit better. I recommend when Jason ([email protected]) gets back, to let him see if he can do it for close to that. Alan might be able to get you a quote sooner, I think Jason went on vacation last Thursday. We should give AVS a chance at our business. They can be very competitive on most stuff.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
BTW, I like that link. It is nice to see the various models and sizes with their respecitive prices. It makes it easier for us folks to do tradeoffs.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
The standard Model B is a white case, if you want black be sure to request it. About $10 more.

The model number for a 60x80 Model B High Power is 77324-C, where C is for the black case. The standard border is 2", can be customed to any other size.

According to Nec, to fill an 80x60 screen the 150 needs to be 130.7" back, or 10' 11".

At that distance how big is the 150 light border?

[This message has been edited by JackLT (edited 07-29-2001).]

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Thanks, I was hoping they came in different colors. I was thinking I might have to paint it black.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Am I missing something here? On the above link they have the 52" x 92" (132cm x 234cm) listed in high power for $326.00 this is the screen I am interested in getting for my lt-150.

However I got two other recent quotes from a local shop and cousins video and they are as follows:

PermWall at 52 x 92,106" diagonal is $ 615.00

Cosmopolitan Electrol 52 x 92, 106" diagonal $880.00

Dalite Perm Wall, 52" x 92" High Power: $602.00

Dalite Cosmopolitan, 52" x 92" High Power: $896.60

I know the one is electric roll up but what is the difference with the other one? Its twice as much money for what seems to be the same material?

Chris

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Model B is a pull down, permwall is a fixed mount. I guess they figure they can get more money out of a HT application.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
e-mail jason or allen, they will get you a quote on a Da-Lite.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Best prices I have seen are from www.cousinsvideo.com

They have a 69x92 Model B High Power for $262. That used to include free shipping for web orders (back when I bought mine). I have since sold and went with a custom High Power Model C at ~69 x 104. Which was cheaper then getting a 16x9 104" screen. Go figure.

I have not checked AVS for this screen, but obviously they would be a good vendor.

Good luck.

------------------

Gary

STOP DVI/HDCP!

DVI/HDCP! ~= HD-DIVX!!!

DO NOT SUPPORT JVC or anyone else who supports this!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.