AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to remove the material from my Model B roll down to do a fixed mount. Can anyone point me to a helpful thread or link before I start ripping into it with a sawzall and sledge hammer?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was considering this option with my pull-down. Brian I Am what framing/mounting approach were you going to take?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I should'nt bother to pull the can apart? Just cut the fabric? I have not decided on a frame method yet. I'm in the middle of a complete re-do of the theater so to start I'm just going to leave the weight bar on for tension and velcro/pin it at the top until I get to the final stages & I did not want to mess with mounting the can again.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
The only reason to open the case is if you wanted the slightly extra amount up inside the case for vertical height. If that isn't needed, a good sharp razor will do the trick. Really a waste isn't it? Oh well.

If you did want to take it apart, I would recommend drilling out the rivots. Taking a sawsall to it frightens me. :)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank heavens you said that Jason!....I was standing there staring at the poor can...trying to figure out what to do with it when I realized it was PERFECT for a down wall run of wires that I had no other way to hide. It will now live out its life as a happy, productive member of the theater just a stones throw away from it's former 'inards! Another AV Science happy ending....

Thanks Buddy!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...Will get some some pics after its all done next week...the slot in the case makes the thing work perfect for wire runs. Oh and the new cases are just screwed together and not riveted so it takes all of 20 secs to extract the reel BUT I did have to use the sawzall to wack off of couple of inches..I have the ripped up knuckels to prove it...they don't make those cases like they used to.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.