AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

First post here. I just got my Dalite Manual Model C w/CSR. I don't think I've ever seen more vague installation instructions. I was also expecting it to come with some mounting screws for a wall mount.

Is it as simple as drilling it into the wall with two screws? Does anyone know what size I should pick up?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
1,079 Posts
I just mounted my new model B (basic) tonight and I figured it would just have the two rings and two keyhole slots. I used some 1" #10 wood screws I had, but I'll change them out.

The model B has soft plastic for the keyhole slots. Pretty poor material choice. The whole thing kind of tilts down and forward. I'm going to replace the #10 wood screws with #10 "wood" screws with the rounded top, so the screwhead surface against the plastic is flat and large rather than the angled setup on a standard wood screw.

I'm not wall mounting, which is why wood screws for me. But I might end up just hanging it by the rings. I'm not real keen on the end caps bending like they do when using the keyhole slots.

· Registered
69 Posts
In my case, I had to use the 6" Dalite mounting brackets to extend the screen over a large window with vertical blinds.

I found some neat aluminum tubing in the HomeDepot electrical dept, and drilled 5/16" holes at the top for the Dalite brackets. I then used 3.25" Tapcon screws to secure the aluminum tubing to the wall, into the cement behind.

It's sturdy as a rock, and I don't have to worry about it destroying the drywall itself. When I get a chance, I'll try and post a few pictures of the installation.

LeeB

· Registered
125 Posts
Leeb,

Please do post pics of your installation. I have a 120" bay window I want to cover with a dalite model C. I have the choice of hanging from a concrete ceiling or finding someway to mount it on drywall.

thanks,

toon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.