AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Well it seems that Hi Power and CRT=heaven.Read all the favourable comments.YMMV.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Matt,

The fabric that was specifically designed for CRT projection, with the help of ISF, is the Cinema Vision fabric. It has a gain of 1.3 for added brightness that the CRT needs but not too much to accentuate the hot spot that is inherent in a CRT projector.

I have an older Runco 900A (NEC 9PG+) in my basement and I am using the Cinema Vision fabric. The colors are perfect and the picture is great. The only draw back in general about using a CRT is that they are just not extremely bright and as a result you will need to have very good control of the ambient light in the room.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That helps a lot, Blake.

The projector is in my basement, where I can pretty much block out all light. I guess you can't get the Cinema Vision fabric with a model B or model C screen. I might be moving soon, and was hoping to get a cheaper screen until I get settled. But, now it looks like I'll need a fixed wall screen with the cinema vision. Is it a problem to transport a fixed wall screen?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.