1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has evolved over the years, but here is my current setp:

Receiver- Onkyo TX-SR606

Monitor - Pioneer Kuro KRP500M 50" Plasma

speakers- Polk Mon10, CSI2(ctr), Mon4(surround)

Subwoofer- HSU VTF2.3

Sources- Toshiba HD-A3 Panasonic DMP-BD60 Westrn Digital WD TV with 2 external hard drives Motorola QI-P6416 HD cable box w/DVR All connected to Receiver via HDMI cables

·
Registered
290 Posts
A fellow North (central) Texan! Fort Worth, here. Do you have an Xbox 360, by chance?

Those are some big speakers! Have you thought about mounting the TV on that wall? That would look pretty sweet.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
689 Posts
I like it. Where is the sub located?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Looks great!

Let's see that Hsu sub?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Very nice set up. How does the TX SR606 work out? I just picked up the 607 and like it very much. Onkyo just announced the TX-SR608 yesterday.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Megadeth /forum/post/18287530

Have you thought about mounting the TV on that wall? That would look pretty sweet.

DO NOT mount that display on the wall. It might look "pretty sweet" in magazines, but your viewing angle will be compromised.

·
Registered
818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu /forum/post/18289070

DO NOT mount that display on the wall. It might look "pretty sweet" in magazines, but your viewing angle will be compromised.

If it were me, the viewing angle compromise would be WELL worth the increased performance from the center channel no longer being behind the tv.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelinas /forum/post/18289268

If it were me, the viewing angle compromise would be WELL worth the increased performance from the center channel no longer being behind the tv.

There's other options to correct that.

·
Registered
689 Posts
My guess is the center is behind the TV when he isn't watching movies, and he brings it out when he does watch movies. Probably blocks the remote from working, I had to do the same thing with my old setup.

·
Registered
818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu /forum/post/18289300

There's other options to correct that.

agreed, if the stand is the studiotech ultra u-22D as I think it is, you have the optioin to buy the U-PMP risers and mount your tv just high enough to clear the center. It wouldn't be that much higher as you would be removing the tv's pedistal. Additionally you could remove the feet which would lover the stand for either wall mount or riser mount.

The dp-pmp worked great for my studiotech dp-2:

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Yay another North Texas peep.

Lookin' good! I bet you love that sweet plasma.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikarate /forum/post/18289656

My guess is the center is behind the TV when he isn't watching movies, and he brings it out when he does watch movies. Probably blocks the remote from working, I had to do the same thing with my old setup.

You could also place the TV on a block to raise it high enouigh that the centre would not block the bottom of the TV. I had a block made with a channel underneath for the speaker cable. See attached pic.

Blair

1 - 13 of 13 Posts