AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Nieman Marcus Adolphus Children's Parade will be live on HDNet, WFAA-DT, KWTX-DT, KSBI-DT and some other stations by tape later on. Time is 11AM EST ch199 Direct TV. This is the 4th year we at WFAA have produced the parade in HD. It is also sent free of charge to many stations around the country in std def. We take it in HD and downconvert with a center slice to 4:3 for the std def uplink. It is shot with 4:3 protect (at leat or intention). I hate letter box if you don't have too.

JStigler

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Why haven't more local stations asked you for HD tapes? I'd love to see KHOU(Houston) show this in HD. Is the HD feed only for LIVE broadcasts?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
JStigler,

Any chance of this being broadcast in HD on fellow Belo station KENS-DT in San Antonio? I would be really nice to see our local HD Belo CBS affiliate carry this Belo produced Texas HD content.:D Any chance of KENS-DT retransmitting the HDnet feed if there isn't an available satellite or fibre link from Dallas to San Antonio?

Jim

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Very enjoyable. Thanks to HDNet.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no ieda why KHOU was not on the list. They did it last year. KENS may not have a tape machine. Several other Belo stations are on the tape list.

JStigler

·
Registered
502 Posts
this was a nice broadcast - quality was good. the family enjoyed it - although, I had to explain to my 4 yr old daughter why 2 girls were pounding the heck out of each other when HDnet showed an HD promo clip with women boxing... :-( not exactly the best scheduling decision

while PQ was good, was a bummer that the audio was only 2 channel - miss that ambience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.