AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else get PBS ch. 14(13-2) in digital in DFW? I have a Samsung SIR-T151 over the air receiver. I get the PBS demo channel 14(13-1) in HD but not the regular PBS in digital. TitanTV, and Antenna.com both say that PBS 13-2 is in digital. Why can't I pick it up? I get 8-1 & 8-2 etc. Also any advise on boosting my antenna. I have a good roof top ant. and get everything, except ch. 8 ABC is weak. I couldn't watch NYPD Blue last nite in HD because it breaks up so bad. If I reposition the ant. for ch. 8, something else goes weak. Do I need an amplifier, or can I run two antennas together, each pointing in different locations. I live in the city center (Love Field) not in the outskirts. Any info. on reception or the sir-151 is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
You live a lot closer than me (I live east of Allen), so aiming is going to be a bit more critical for you. I get all the stations on HD. I have an older Panasonic TU-HDS20 rcvr, though (which is actually one of the most sensitive receivers). Also, does your antenna point right at downtown Dallas when aimed at the Cedar Hill antenna farm? If so, that could be part of your problem.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Interesting. I live north, along I-35E near Denton. I also use the Samsung SIR-151 with a rooftop antenna. I too do not get the PBS-2 channel. All the other channels come in. Some are better than others. 13-1 is a phenomenal picture on my Sharp Z-9000.

I wish I could get 13-2.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.