AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using an RS roof top mounted antenna (NE of Preston & Frankford) and have been unable to get anything from PBS and a low signal from CBS that would fluctuate in strength to the point of frequently loosing signal lock.

I had John Smith (Sound Foundation & Associates - 972-226-1417) reinstall it. He did an extremely professional job but after aiming it in the same direction (slightly SW as indicated at the antenna website) no improvement. Aiming it due south resulted in a more stable and stronger signal (82) on CBS and the other stations except still nothing on PBS. Guess I need to wait for a full power signal from them.

Highly recommend John if you need antenna help.

Neil

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also using a RS antenna in the attic at Preston & Lebanon in Frisco. CBS is usually OK, but it does occasionally pixilate. The best signal strength I've ever gotten on 14 (KERA-PBS) was 3%. No picture at that strength of course. Posters on this forum were claiming in the spring that KERA would be at full power in June. Anyone from KERA reading this? What's the status of your HD plans?

·
Registered
546 Posts
They went HD last month, and have significantly increased their signal strength already. I get a reading of 77 for channel 14 on my DTC100 in Carrollton. I don't know whether you guys are just in a poor location, or you need to keep re-aiming the antenna, or the antenna is just no damn good, or what.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.