AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was cruising craiglist and saw a damaged plasma tv for sale. Do you know if this unit is fixable? From the pic it looks like just the glass is damaged and i was wondering if the unit would work with out it. If you guys could check it out here and let me know.

http://portland.craigslist.org/ele/91475488.html

·
Registered
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricQ
Hey guys i was cruising craiglist and saw a damaged plasma tv for sale. Do you know if this unit is fixable? From the pic it looks like just the glass is damaged and i was wondering if the unit would work with out it. If you guys could check it out here and let me know.

http://portland.craigslist.org/ele/91475488.html
huh? work without what, the glass??? well im pretty sure it wont work without the glass, the glass IS the tv. Not sure its fixable but i know you can find these on ebay all the time, i think the shipping companies ends up selling the ones they break for whatever they can get, usually no more then a couple hundred.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i saw one on ebay last night..looks just like that pic...i doubt you can use it,i think the glass like above said "IS THE TV"

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hoping the outer glass was just a anti glare screen that can be taken off or maybe replaced.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricQ
I was hoping the outer glass was just a anti glare screen that can be taken off or maybe replaced.
i think i do remember reading that there are 2 different glasses, and the outside one can be replaced, BUT i doubt somebody would be selling a $7,000 tv for $125 unless they were 100% positive that either both glasses are cracked, or there is only 1 glass and it will cost more then its worth it for them to fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.