AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a panny 56 inch with 720p shipped to me for $2300. It was damaged when shipped and can not be replaced. It works fine and most of the damage can't be seen. The company says they will give me $350 off for the damage. Should I accept this or ask for more. Some of the wood is broken and I don't think it can be fixed. The picture looks great on HD. I like it. Would it be unreasonable to ask for $1000 off the price as a starting point.

Zongo

------------------

Zongo Out

·
Registered
211 Posts
Zongo, I purchased my 56" back in Feb of 2000 and paid $3900 for it.

I have loved the picture from day one and have had nothing but good reviews from friends and family who have seen it.

I would think that you are in a very good situation and you should keep it. Cosmetic damage can be easily fixed - just go to your local hardware store and get some wood filler - then proceed to paint it with black primer or texturized paint and no one will never know the difference.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I agree with hdguy but I would ask for $500.00 dollars off.

------------------

Juan

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you send it back it will probably end up at a panny factory outlet for $1800.

You may want to find out if there are any outlets in your area and check stock.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your input! They are giving me $608 dollars off. I've decided to take it and have a Panny tech come out and make sure everything is OK first and fine tune the set.

Zongo

------------------

Zongo Out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.