AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a power surge loss to the subject unit & we are told it needs a new cp board. The technician says the projector is obsolete and Runco no longer can supply the board. Does anyone have a source that might supply same. If not, what is this unit worth or what would be an equivalent crt that would be of like kind and quality and at what price. Owner says he paid $8000.00 CAN. for it 2 years ago. Just learned about this site so please bare with me. TKS

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
the owner got screwed don't bother with repair

for less than 2000 usd you can buy a allmost new sony 1272

and that will get you into hd

XANATOS

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'd have to second Xanatos' opinion - that projector is not worth repairing and even in new condition would be worth less than $500.00 us. It's way, way obsolete and doesn't support even using a line doubler.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Yes, he did pay too much for it considering it was last made in 1996.

This is a video only Zenith projector (PRO 851). I have the CPU board in stock used, and Zenith is out of stock permanently.

I would ask you however to get in touch with me at

[email protected]

and I'll get you to send me the 9-700 main video board that the CPU board plugs into so that I can make sure that the CPU board is bad. They do not go bad that often, power surge or not.

If you want, you can upgrade to a significantly better projector for far under $8K CDN. I've been known to sell the odd one or two..;-) and I'd give trade in on the Zenith, but not to the tune of anywhere close to $8K.

Of course, the CPU board will be cheaper than a new unit, but a replacement projector will allow the owner to do a lot more with it.

Shoot me an email and we can discuss further...

Curt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.