AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
18,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was enjoying the SB I decided I might as well load up my new Sony DVP-CX985V changer.

Well, I'm well over 300 and now I have to decide what I really want in there. I I didn't realize I had so many! I even sold a few off to purchase the unit, and I still have more than the machine will hold.

And I just ordered some more!

And I have well over 1000 CDs! And I plan on buying SACDs to stick in there!

When will it end?;)

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveFi
...Well, I'm well over 300 and now I have to decide what I really want...
Alot of DVD's...?... not really! Compared to what? You're not trying hard enough. Buy 2 or 3 more of those changers and fill them up. Then you'll be talkin' turkey. ;)

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I've tried to balance my rentals with my purchases. Even so I own about 220 dvds now. If I averaged $16 a dvd that's about $3500.:eek: Boy this is like an addiction.

I probably own 15 pre-recorded VHS tapes. Hollywood has found a winner technology.

·
Registered
154 Posts
$6,097 at the moment. I don't know how many. Close to 300 I imagine. I have several series sets -- Star Trek Next Generation, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Space: 1999, Alien Legacy and Quadrilogy, Six Feet Under Season One (where the hell is Season Two???) -- so the value is a bit skewed compared to the count. That doesn't include the value of discs received as gifts, probably several hundred $ there by now, maybe more.

But I'm sure that's small potatoes compared to some of the residents around these parts . . .

·
23,030 Posts
Ole PDJennings has 2831 listed on his web page. I do recall somebody

else having 6000+ (something ridiculous) who posted here, but I also

think he had some ties to the "business". Me, I only have about 300 too.

larry

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yep,I'm in the near 300 club too. 292 to be exact.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have blocked out the amount of money I have spent on this sickness. I am approaching 800 now. I need to order some expansion kits from Boltz to hold them all.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm over 500... :eek:

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Right under 800. I calibrate in movies per annum:

"I could watch a movie every night for a year!"

Then,

"I could watch watch two movies every night for a year!!"

And so on :D

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
1100 DVD's and growing :)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
It seems there is about 800 movies which are worth having at this time.

I say this because I also am in the 800 club.

Chris.

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
I typically sell off older revisions and ones which I have taped in HD. That said DVDprofiler pegs, 198 DVDs, 10 D-Theater, 90 D-VHS (other) and about 100 Laserdiscs. I hope my DVD count goes down, so I can start all over again in HD-DVD.

Of course I'm counting all boxed sets (e.g., Indy, Dick Van ****, Looney Tunes, SB Season 1, etc. as 1 for each set, not each individual DVD within a set - like everyone else, right?

Tim

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
PDJennings must be up to around 3,000 DVD's by now - beat that one! As for me...I just pruned the collection recently...I'm down to around 400 DVD's.

Herm

·
Registered
776 Posts
Good Lord, I thought I needed help having bought 175 DVDs. But I'm just an amateur compared to you guys!

·
Registered
18,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
400 is a good amount- I know I'll easily make it up to 2x that.

I like Anime, and unfortunately they average 3 24min eps per disc, so it can really add up.

On top of that, Columbia House for $7-$8 /ea is too hard to resist.

400 changer isn't enough. When is someone coming out with the 1000 disc changer? It could be a double-decker.:D

·
Registered
936 Posts
I've been stressing on having too many DVDs lately myself. I am currently at about 420. They are all on display on shelves, but I am running out of room and am no longer that enthused about displaying my obsession. I am considering buying storage boxes and filing them in the closet. Maybe a changer would be a good idea.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
800+ dvd club as well counting sets as one and only having less than 5 duplicate dvds due to improved re-issues. I give almost all duplicates to relatives.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've just crossed 700. Trouble is I sold off my laser disc collection of 500, to get most of them...1000 mark by end of 2004 is my aim..

Mark

ps: seems like I lead a sad life! :p

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.