AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of nowhere my Samsung 4254 (42") TV has started saying "not supported mode" for my Xbox 360 and my Dish Network HD-DVR. It is saying this when I try it with HDMI and with component. The Xbox was only using component. When I try resetting everything it shows the screen of the satellite acquiring a signal but when it gets to step 5 of 5 it starts saying mode not supported.

I have tried everything. I have tried resetting both systems, unplugging them for a while, disconnecting the cables, reversing the cable connection (worked on something else in the past) and starting them in different order and I am at a total loss!

This is very frustrating considering I have noticed that many people have this problem with Samsung. The TV also has the latest firmware, which is still the original.

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by discopaul /forum/post/15416415

???

That's an older model. Did you just get that TV? Have you contacted Samsung?

I have have a sneaking suspicion that a firmware update was done that was not correct or was installed improperly.

I have had it for about a year now. Actually 13 months so it is a month out of warranty OF COURSE. Anyway that I can reset the TV to the previous firmware? I am not sure if there was ever a true update though honestly I think it is still 1.0.0 but just in case didn't know if there was a way to do it.

· Registered
2,657 Posts
I got that when the resolution was set at something not compatible with the TV.

Maybe the signal just happened to switchto a different resolution one day?

Can you try to set the resolution for your Xbox manually on another TV & hook it back to your Samsung?

· Registered
3,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMountD /forum/post/15420333

I have had it for about a year now. Actually 13 months so it is a month out of warranty OF COURSE. Anyway that I can reset the TV to the previous firmware? I am not sure if there was ever a true update though honestly I think it is still 1.0.0 but just in case didn't know if there was a way to do it.

Well, I would give Samsung a call. I know they have extended warranties an additional 90 days. In any event they should be able to provide the correct service.

· Registered
5,943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfer /forum/post/15420669

I got that when the resolution was set at something not compatible with the TV.

Maybe the signal just happened to switchto a different resolution one day?

The TV should be compatible with all possible resolutions that the Xbox can output over component.

· Banned
2,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMountD /forum/post/15423443

I just messaged them so we will see.

It is frustrating though that so many people are having the same problem.

Does anyone know how to revert back to a previous firmware version?

Call them by phone as sending an email will just delay the process. By using the phone you can possibly get an immediate answer and I would ask to speak to a supervisor to see exactly what can be done as typically a CS will just relay what their programmed instructions are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.