AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the best theaters in Seattle, the Cinerama, has recently been redone and it appears that the new sound system is done by Danley. Pretty exciting-can't wait to check it out! On their website it has a picture of the TH-221. This theater is owned by Paul Allen of Microsoft and it looks like he pulled out all the stops.

Hopefully one of the Danley guys can chime in with more details about the install.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
On which website did you see this? I looked through Danley's and didn't see it.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFLUGSTA /forum/post/19545553

One of the best theaters in Seattle, the Cinerama, has recently been redone and it appears that the new sound system is done by Danley. Pretty exciting-can't wait to check it out! On their website it has a picture of the TH-221. This theater is owned by Paul Allen of Microsoft and it looks like he pulled out all the stops.

Hopefully one of the Danley guys can chime in with more details about the install.

I had heard he bought 4 of the TH221's. But we assumed it was for his personal home theatre.

There are a lot of famous people who use Danley in their home theatres, but we are not allowed to mention it, because using their name would result in us having to pay a "royalty" fee.

·
Registered
8,479 Posts
That is great for those near that particular theater.

What kills me is that most of the theaters in my area are multiplex and the bass is turned way down so as not to be heard in the theaters on either side. There are a few single theaters, usually old ones that show foreign films.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.