AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI:
I asked this question over the video processor forum, but didn't get any satisfactory answers. So I hope someone over here with the JVC Projector can help or let me know if this is the limitation with the Darbee.

I just got my Darbee DVP5000S last night and like it as it does improve the picture quality on the JVC X35. However, I can't seem to get it to pass 1080p24 to my JVC X35 projector, which I was able to do before hooking up the Darbee. Now, the projector can only display 1080p60. Is there a setting somewhere that I missed which is unlikely as the menu is very minimal on the Darbee. I didn't change anything on my set up before hooked up the Darbee. Please help as I really like the Darbee, however I'm sensitive to the jugged associate with 1080p60 in fast moving (action) film.

My signal chain is:
Sony Bluray player--->Marantz AV7702--->Darbee---->JVC X35 projector.

HDMI cable from Bluray to the marantz is 3ft, from the Marantz to Darbee is also 3f, from Darbee to the projector is 15ft long. Some folks over Video Processor section suggested that HDMI cable can't be more than 6ft long, more than that caused the signal to change from 1080p24 to 1080p60!...That make absolutely no sense to me, as HDMI cable should only transfer the signal not modify the signal, right? I went over the FAQ section on the Darbee and see no mention of 1080p24 at all. If anyone here has a Darbee and able to pass 1080p24 signal to your JVC projectors or any projector, please let me know how. I would greatly appreciate!

Thanks
bt

·
Banned
4,750 Posts
I don't have a JVC projector but my Darbee passes 1080p/24 properly. I put mine in the chain between the bluray player and the receiver (instead of after the receiver) if it matters.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
HI:
I asked this question over the video processor forum, but didn't get any satisfactory answers. So I hope someone over here with the JVC Projector can help or let me know if this is the limitation with the Darbee.

I just got my Darbee DVP5000S last night and like it as it does improve the picture quality on the JVC X35. However, I can't seem to get it to pass 1080p24 to my JVC X35 projector, which I was able to do before hooking up the Darbee. Now, the projector can only display 1080p60. Is there a setting somewhere that I missed which is unlikely as the menu is very minimal on the Darbee. I didn't change anything on my set up before hooked up the Darbee. Please help as I really like the Darbee, however I'm sensitive to the jugged associate with 1080p60 in fast moving (action) film.

My signal chain is:

HDMI cable from Bluray to the marantz is 3ft, from the Marantz to Darbee is also 3f, from Darbee to the projector is 15ft long. Some folks over Video Processor section suggested that HDMI cable can't be more than 6ft long, more than that caused the signal to change from 1080p24 to 1080p60!...That make absolutely no sense to me, as HDMI cable should only transfer the signal not modify the signal, right? I went over the FAQ section on the Darbee and see no mention of 1080p24 at all. If anyone here has a Darbee and able to pass 1080p24 signal to your JVC projectors or any projector, please let me know how. I would greatly appreciate!

Thanks
bt
I have heard that cables "shorter" than 6' cause problems.

In fact you linked to that info in the Darbee forum
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-vi...4-darbee-vision-darblet-306.html#post44480041

Post 9174

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I was able to get my JVC to display 1080p24 But i used HDMI Baluns Extenders with cat6 cable. My run was 35ft & it worked great.

·
Registered
205 Posts
HI:

My signal chain is:

Thanks
bt
In general, since the DVP-5000S processor can handle 1080p/60, 1080p/24 would be trivial for it to handle.
Adding an HDMI repeater device to ones video chain can expose video signal integrity issues at other nodes.
Others mention the HDMI cable length as being an issue.
Others mention the need to add signal boosting for long throws.
I cannot tell from your comment what you mean by "Now the projector can only display 1080/60."
I do not understand what "jugged" is and what you mean by high frame rates being harder to tolerate than lower frame rates, for action scenes.
- DarbeeDr

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In general, since the DVP-5000S processor can handle 1080p/60, 1080p/24 would be trivial for it to handle.
Adding an HDMI repeater device to ones video chain can expose video signal integrity issues at other nodes.
Others mention the HDMI cable length as being an issue.
Others mention the need to add signal boosting for long throws.
I cannot tell from your comment what you mean by "Now the projector can only display 1080/60."
I do not understand what "jugged" is and what you mean by high frame rates being harder to tolerate than lower frame rates, for action scenes.
- DarbeeDr
Thanks everyone for the input; I solved the problem! Turn out, I have to switch the HDMI monitor out of the Marantz AV7702 from auto out (both HDMI 1&2 out are output at the same time) to just monitor 1 output, which is where the Darbee connected to, then everything is fine. It now output 1080p24 to my projector.
Thanks
bt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts