AVS Forum banner

10341 - 10344 of 10344 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,035 Posts
Ive had the original Darbee (until power supply failed) and now I use the 2019 Nvidia Shield Pro that has an upscaling setting that seems very much like the picture I was getting using the Darbee.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Apologies if this was answered somewhere in the last 519 pages, but was hoping someone could help me make up my mind...

What are the major differences between the 2nd gen DarbeeVision Darbee DVP-5000S and 1st gen DVP-5000?

If I can get the DVP-5000S for say $150 right now vs. $30 for the older 1st gen 5000 version, which would you go with? Is there a noticeable difference worthy of extra cost?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Apologies if this was answered somewhere in the last 519 pages, but was hoping someone could help me make up my mind...

What are the major differences between the 2nd gen DarbeeVision Darbee DVP-5000S and 1st gen DVP-5000?

If I can get the DVP-5000S for say $150 right now vs. $30 for the older 1st gen 5000 version, which would you go with? Is there a noticeable difference worthy of extra cost?

Cheers!
There should really be no difference in the image quality improvement provided by either the original model and newer one. The differences are mainly centered around vastly improved cosmetic and build quality provided by the newer model. Not to mention, that the 5000S will be running on later issued firmware ... which could provide some improvements in HDMI handshake performance. The other major plus for the new model is the improved power supply... whereas the older model suffered from early failures of its external "wall wart" power supply .... and at times the original 5000 would randomly reset itself back to its factory default settings and require you to adjust it back to your selected settings. It's a bit of tough choice as a $30 price for a "properly working" 5000 is a great deal, but I myself would spring for the 5000s to virtually remove any future glitchy headaches..

10341 - 10344 of 10344 Posts