AVS Forum banner
10381 - 10400 of 10430 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
I was wondering if you guys can give me a solution. My darbee turns on, solid red led, solid blue led and the blinking green light. Nothing displays out of the darbee. I swapped the hdmi cables, checked the sources without the darbee and everything works. Power supply has red light on ... maybe the blue led blinks once every 5 mins. HELP.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I have a DVP-5000 and I'm trying to use it to enhance only 720 and 1080 feeds from my Fios One Mini box to my LG CX OLED.

When I hook it up between my Fios One Mini box and my Denon AVR-X2700H receiver, the DVP-5000 lights up, and I get a solid red and green light along with a flashing blue light, but I'm not getting a picture on the OLED.

Are there setting that I need to change on my Fios box or receiver? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have a DVP-5000 and I'm trying to use it to enhance only 720 and 1080 feeds from my Fios One Mini box to my LG CX OLED.

When I hook it up between my Fios One Mini box and my Denon AVR-X2700H receiver, the DVP-5000 lights up, and I get a solid red and green light along with a flashing blue light, but I'm not getting a picture on the OLED.

Are there setting that I need to change on my Fios box or receiver? Thanks in advance.
Could be. The input HDMI input you are have the 5000 plugged into on your receiver may need to be changed or the box also. I use mine exactly like yours for cable and my Oppo dvd player but I have both those units plugged into an HDMI switch, the switch to my 5000 then it goes to the cable/ sat HDMI input on my Marantz 7703. Been awhile but I think I had to go into the Marantz's set up menu and set that input to pass through. A two input switch isn't very expensive but if you go this route be aware that if you ever have power outages you may need to unplug the 5000 power cord then plug it back in. Happened to me several times and had no picture when I tried to watch cable or a movie after losing power.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Could be. The input HDMI input you are have the 5000 plugged into on your receiver may need to be changed or the box also. I use mine exactly like yours for cable and my Oppo dvd player but I have both those units plugged into an HDMI switch, the switch to my 5000 then it goes to the cable/ sat HDMI input on my Marantz 7703. Been awhile but I think I had to go into the Marantz's set up menu and set that input to pass through. A two input switch isn't very expensive but if you go this route be aware that if you ever have power outages you may need to unplug the 5000 power cord then plug it back in. Happened to me several times and had no picture when I tried to watch cable or a movie after losing power.
Thank you. I look at this when I get home. I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
978 Posts

Hi dsskid, for additional background on this issue, type UHD into the "Search Community" bar at the top of this page. Once you start typing, the option to "Search this thread" will appear. Click that. You'll see lot of posts from users having both success and failure trying to Darbee 720 and 1080 signals to a 4K capable display. Seems to work for some but not for others. There are also reports of firmware updates that seemed to break the ability for some users who had previously been able to do it. Overall the results are mixed. In our setup described below, we use our Darbee consistently with 720 and 1080 signals to our 4K capable projector. The good news is that it is possible for many, the less good news is that for many it can be difficult. One extra step you might consider is to set your source device(s), if possible, to a 1080 output resolution ceiling whenever you want to use the Darbee. Another would be to place a 1080 Blu-Ray player in place of the Fios One Mini Box and see if that gives you a different result. Keep us posted and good luck. ✌

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
It appears that my DVP-5000S is not compatible with my setup. I manually set the Fios One Mini Box output to 1080, and turned off Ultra HD Deep Color on my LG65CX OLED, then as directed by Darbee CS, hooked up the HDMI out to the Darbee, then the HDMI in side (feed from the Fios One Mini box), before powering up. Still doesn’t pass the signal through.

CS suggested turning off auto detect resolution on the Fios box, but the Fios One Box doesn’t have an Auto-detect setting in the Controls to turn off.

Guess I’m SOL.

Shame because I have another Darbee on my other setup with the 1080P Samsung PN65F8500 and a Fios one box, and it works well.

·
Registered
978 Posts
It appears that my DVP-5000S is not compatible with my setup. I manually set the Fios One Mini Box output to 1080, and turned off Ultra HD Deep Color on my LG65CX OLED, then as directed by Darbee CS, hooked up the HDMI out to the Darbee, then the HDMI in side (feed from the Fios One Mini box), before powering up. Still doesn’t pass the signal through.

CS suggested turning off auto detect resolution on the Fios box, but the Fios One Box doesn’t have an Auto-detect setting in the Controls to turn off.

Guess I’m SOL.

Shame because I have another Darbee on my other setup with the 1080P Samsung PN65F8500 and a Fios one box, and it works well.
That's a bummer. May just be SOL as you said. Do you get a black screen, flickering, no audio, or just no nada? I'd be curious if you ran any other kind of vanilla source into the Darbee instead of the Fios to see what happens then. Last little bit of diagnostic you could do would be to flip the two Darbee's with each other, and see if performance is the same on both setups, with the Darbee flip being the only change. You may be ready to just give up and I'd get that too. Happy holidays!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Are your HDMI cable runs longer in the setup that isn't working than they are over at the one that does work? Handshake hiccups are legion on this thread, and with the Darbee in general.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
That's a bummer. May just be SOL as you said. Do you get a black screen, flickering, no audio, or just no nada? I'd be curious if you ran any other kind of vanilla source into the Darbee instead of the Fios to see what happens then. Last little bit of diagnostic you could do would be to flip the two Darbee's with each other, and see if performance is the same on both setups, with the Darbee flip being the only change. You may be ready to just give up and I'd get that too. Happy holidays!
I flpped the Darbee same result.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Are your HDMI cable runs longer in the setup that isn't working than they are over at the one that does work? Handshake hiccups are legion on this thread, and with the Darbee in general.
3ft cables

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Ok, I switched off the Simplink (HDMI-CEC) on the LG CX and it passed the video signal, through to the receiver (bypass) and then onto the LG OLED. The remaining issue now is that whenI turn on the receiver for surround sound, it no longer passes the signal. I’m guessing because of the higher HDMI (2.0?) spec on the receiver? any suggestions?

·
Registered
978 Posts
That's progress. Is it repeatable and stable passing the video signal in that configuration? If so, since you have changed how your devices are controlled by turning off the CEC, I would try to rule out confounders on the audio issue before assuming it is a cabling issue.

·
Registered
978 Posts
And Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
That's progress. Is it repeatable and stable passing the video signal in that configuration? If so, since you have changed how your devices are controlled by turning off the CEC, I would try to rule out confounders on the audio issue before assuming it is a cabling issue.
Merry Christmas mogrub.

Yes, the video signal is repeatable (a Christmas Miracle?), until I turn on the receiver. When the receiver is off, it's set to pass-thru.

Perhaps it's a setting in the receiver?

Not expecting responses today, as I'm hoping everyone is enjoying the day with family and friends. Just wanted to post it while fresh in my mind.

10381 - 10400 of 10430 Posts