1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
this is interesting...when is this dvd suppose to be released?if it's soon,then that was AWFULLY fast.

brickie

·
Registered
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by brickie
...then that was AWFULLY fast.

brickie
A lot like the movie, then.

;)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Widescreen Review was also "WOW-ed" by the picture quality of this DVD release. Here is some of what they said:

"The anamorphically enhanced 2.35:1 DVD exhibits an excellent picture that should really excite fans. The picture is incredibly well contrasted, and with very nicely rendered shadow delineation for the many action scenes that take place in the extremely dark scenes set at night. Colors are incredibly saturated and perfectly follow comic book stylizations, with vivid hues and vibrant spot colors, natural fleshtones, and deep, unparalleled blacks."

It received the following accolades:

Superb Sound Effects Recording Quality

Superb Special Visual Effects Quality

Superb Music Score Recording Quality

Superb Color Fidelity

Reference Quality

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Just too bad the movie really sucked then ;)

My opinion of course.

·
Registered
977 Posts
If you're planning on buying Daredevil, keep in mind that the director is working on an Extended Edition that will hopefully be out by the end of the year.

Howie

·
Registered
857 Posts
I wonder if there will be Super Extended Alpha 3 Infinity Edition with 2 min of extra scenes ..

Quote:
Originally posted by Digital Howie
If you're planning on buying Daredevil, keep in mind that the director is working on an Extended Edition that will hopefully be out by the end of the year.

Howie

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
As some others have noted, you have to wonder if they know that the movie isn't exactly The Godfather, so they give it the super-duper transfer treatement to make it desireable, and often give the good stuff crappy transfers since they know it'll sell anyway.

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
Can't wait for this DVD. Not an Affleck fan, but he pulled this one off. Jennifer Garner did'nt hurt it either. Turned out to be way better than Spidey, IMO.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
i will get it as well when it comes out...although what i'm really waiting for is finding nemo!!!i expect that one to takr toy story's 2 place as the "wow" movie.

brickie

·
Registered
403 Posts
I was not that impressed with Daredevil but this excellent transfer is somewhat of an incentive to give the movie another try. Perhaps I will like it better this time as my expectations have been lowered. I still do not think this movie is as entertaining as Spidey, and I think the domestic box office receipts prove that. Spidey - $407 million & Daredevil - $102 million.

·
Banned
3,752 Posts
I just finished watching the DVD of Daredevil and, yes, this is indeed a reference transfer, both picture and sound. There are some scenes that could have been very difficult for video, but this transfer makes it look easy. About as good as DVD gets.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
i think the DVD looks very good coz this movie is very easy to compress, just like Road to Perdition or other darker or "softer" movies..

i have the single disc DVD rip of this movie and for a single disc it looks very good, a sign that this movie is very easy to compress...

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
"i have the single disc DVD rip of this movie and for a single disc it looks very good, a sign that this movie is very easy to compress..."

And by single disc DVD rip you mean???

Nich

·
Registered
215 Posts
Info on D-Theatre release:

Widescreen has reviewed it and said this:

"The 2.35:1 D-VHS® D-Theater™ picture exhibits exceptional image quality that surpasses the excellent quality of the previously reviewed DVD with images that are smoother and even more finely detailed."

Release Date: 07/29/03

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Nich
"i have the single disc DVD rip of this movie and for a single disc it looks very good, a sign that this movie is very easy to compress..."

Nich
Probably that he watched a bootleg.

Since a DVD-R can only hold 4.7GB it's sometimes necessary to resample/compress the DVD movie even further.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dean Roddey
As some others have noted, you have to wonder if they know that the movie isn't exactly The Godfather, so they give it the super-duper transfer treatement to make it desireable, and often give the good stuff crappy transfers since they know it'll sell anyway.
Yep, you can't stop wondering if that is the case.

Doesn't matter in this case though.

The movie is soo bad I won't give the movie company any of my money for it.

The only comic book based movies that I find ok is, X-men and Blade.

In X-men and Blade they succeed in making the characters "beliveable".

Daredevil, Spidy, and from the looks of the trailer of Hulk, it just look bad.

My opions of course as always.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Nich

Nich
a 700MB xvid ripped from the DVD (i guess from one of these reviewers) ...

here are some screenies..

these are actualy res of the DVD rip with mp3 vbr audio, (usually its a filler for me untill i buy the Directors Cut R18 DVD this XMas)

http://home.t-online.de/home/5200969...0001/dare1.jpg
http://home.t-online.de/home/5200969...0001/dare2.jpg

about the Directors CUT..

from another DVD forum

Quote:
The director has said they'll be putting out an R-Rated version on DVD, but nothing has been announced yet.

Its supposed to come out in Dec. thats what Mark Steven Johnson...the director...said...he is currently working on re-editing the film I believe...or was so a couple of months ago...what will be restored is the Coolio subplot...which I've heard is rather excellent...and the fight scenes wont be so choppy and will be more violent...

·
Registered
27,310 Posts
Don't forget that Widescreen Review rated the soundtrack a '5+' for the DTS mix. Very few videos acheive that rating on sound.

Should be a real subwoofer workout!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.