AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AAARGH!!! I know it was not a "true HDTV" show but I still liked it. Just the hope of Jessica Alba in HD was enough....

·
Registered
220 Posts
This is sooo sad. Perhaps it will be picked up by another network - seems to be happening to other shows...

-Greg

·
Registered
28,199 Posts
Karnis is right. FAUX's reworking of the show to appeal to (I guess) younger viewers demolished the very cool, dark, "Blade Runnerish" feel that the show had in it's first season. Pity. If they had left well enough alone, it might have survived.

And the loss of the stunning Jessica Alba from my living room each Friday is way too painful!

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I definitely agree things took a turn for the worse in season 2, especially when they brought in dog-boy and his mutant friends. The villian in the first season was also more intersting. I'm still a bit surprised to see the show get cancelled, though.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
That's too funny. I had mild interest in the show the first season too (ok, I'll admit, J.A. had something to do with it), but it just became a joke after that. When I saw the "Dog Faced Boy" had become part of the show it was just too much. Never even tuned in again for a moment after that.

ron

·
Registered
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nb350
Where did you hear this from? Nothing on the Fox.com or Dark Angel websites (that I could find).
You might want to check out this link

·
Registered
420 Posts
I get the feeling the whole "teen thriller" genre that was kicked off by Buffy is starting to wind down. Used to be every channel, esp. the WB had something similar every night.

JA will be missed though. At least we can still see her in HD in Idle Hands, Never Been Kissed, etc.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts

·
Registered
21,721 Posts
The show was pretty poor this past year, quite good the first year. I really won't miss it!

·
Registered
21,721 Posts
And its only Fox 480p anyway, and here in Phoenix they simply show it 14:9 apparently with mediocre upsampling from 4801, so that's no loss, either.

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
Quote:
I get the feeling the whole "teen thriller" genre that was kicked off by Buffy is starting to wind down. Used to be every channel, esp. the WB had something similar every night.
Quote:
Fox plans on filling the show's 9 p.m. ET Friday spot with "Firefly," a "space Western" by Joss Whedon ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer"), Variety reports.
I don't think the "teen thriller" genre is quite done yet. ;) Buffy is still my favorite show, even if it is just a 1080i upconvert here. And I'm looking forward to FireFly.

- Tom

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have heard Rumors that there is problems with the cast, that they are BORING and that FOX has messed with the pilot so much that no network well even air it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.