AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched this forum but can't seem to find a similar problem...

My setup:

Sony 1272

Iscan Pro to PJ using analog 5bnc (Input A) - For VCR and DVD

DISH 6000 receiver to PJ using analog 5bnc (Input B)

My story:

A while back I noticed that when watching DVD's or videos (Input A), the bottom 20% of the screen was darker than the top 80%. This was not noticeable on bright backgrounds, but very noticeable during nighttime scenes etc. I could look at the tubes and see the different there as well. I decided to see if I could narrow the problem down. I unhooked the bnc vga cable from the Iscan to the PJ and moved the other cable into it's place. The problem went away, so I thought 'great', I'll just replace the cable.

When I got the new cable, I ran it between the sat receiver and Input B on the PJ. The problem on Input A returned. Gah! Anyway, after doing some other stuff I learned that if I unhooked the rightmost bnc connector (out of the 5) on Input B, the darkness on Input A went away. So there seems to be some kind of interference.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? It's kind of minor since I now know how to get around it, but it would be nice not to have to rehook the bnc connector on Input 2 when I want to watch satellite. Does this sound like a bad input card or something? Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.