AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have light banding lines that come through during playback of my HDA1 I didn't notice them when I first got the player, but I may not have been paying close attention. The best way to describe them would be the type of lines you see when a computer screen is filmed and you can see the refresh bars going through the image on the computer CRT. They are not nearly as dark (or is it light) however, subtle but enough to tell. They are alternate widths as well not the same one line that rolls up the screen.

I am using component outputs to my Toshiba H82 WS RPTV. They are passed through my Dennon 3802 reciever and output to the TV. I use the same pass through for HD output from my cable box and never have any scan lines.

The lines are most noticible on darker sceens, and I don't usually notice them on SD content.

Is this some type of connection issue? (I have no HDMI input to try) or is this something wrong with the player? Haven't tried a direct connect to the TV yet, but could the reciever be making these lines?

Anyone else have seen what I'm talking about? I've tried to search but don't exactly know what to call this to search on.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
It's a ground loop issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.