Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a Barco Data 800, but I am worried about the settings I am having to run. When setting up using THX patterns or VE I have to set the contrast to 80 and the brightness to full even then I can not get the required brightness. The pj has 1800 hours on it. I have removed the lenses to look at the tubes, the blue tube is slightly worn but it is not very noticeable the other tubes look fine. Reading all the posts on here it seems to be a general opinion that around 70 should be the max. Has anybody got any ideas about what I can do. At around 70 the picture is hardly visable.

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
380 Posts
Have you adjusted the G2?

Here is the procedure.

Set color temp 6500, brightness 50, contrast 0, display all black signal from AVIA or VE. Was it 7.5 IRE field?

Find the G2 controls right under the ES focus knobs.

Look directly into the tubes, turn clockwise till you see the raster then back again and stop exactly where the tube look black.

Green can be tricky due to slow phosphor, so be patient when doing it on green.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Andre

Thanks for the advice this has done the trick, the picture is now much more like what i expected. I have had a very brief play and already the brightness and contrast are below 50. The only touble I have now is that when switching off the projector I get a green & blue spot in the centre of the screen for a fraction of a second. I have read in other posts that this is bad news, should I just back of the G2 adjustment until the spots stop and then adjust from there, hopefully I will not end up where I started or are the spots caused by other problems ?

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Yes, if you keep running it this way you will burn the phosphor. Looks like your video output boards have drifted...

Curt

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Curt

Are the video output boards the boards on top of the tubes towards the rear of them ? Can these be adjusted or does it mean replacing them ?

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
380 Posts
Good news that you get more light.

Can not answer you on the video cards, that I will leave to Curt or some else. Curt almost always know what to do when things go wrong. So listen to him.

Good Luck, handling theese beast is not always easy, but a lot of fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.