AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and didn't see a thread on this show. So far, my wife and I are enjoying it. Ive reccomended it to a few friends and most of them are hooked. Just curious if anyone on here is watching. Nothing ground breaking or anything, but it kinda fills the void left by the Shield!

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
My wife and I are watching and think it is ok not great not bad. The story lines really don't seem to change all that much and can see where this might have limited shelf life but nice to have a show to watch in the summer

·
Super Moderator
18,715 Posts
The only thing that's tough for me to wrap my arms around is the perceived time it takes the team to close a case. Knowing actual undercover cops, I know how just one case can take months or years to close. But it's procedural television, so one naturally has to suspend some beliefs. Just like "CSI" and the 20-minute DNA results.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Yeah, they allude to the amount of time it takes, but it would be very difficult to cover in a 42 minute show. I honestly don't know how anyone could have a life outside work if you were undercover for months or perhaps years...

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I liked the first episode where you wondered how far he had crossed over. I was hoping they would revisit that a little bit, or at least find out more on his "stash" in the floor. Im cool with the pacing of the show and can play stupid with how fast some of this undercover work happens. Like someone else said, Its a good summer show and will tide me over till the big boys come back in September. Really Looking forward to the return of Sons of Anarchy!

·
Registered
13,220 Posts
I just found this show a few weeks ago and rather enjoy it. Last night's season finale was particularly strong. I like how the good guys aren't so good and according to the finale the bad guys aren't so bad.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
I think they wasted a good opportunity. They should have fleshed out the undercover dirty cop more over the season, then we would have been more invested in the story. The fact that Carter's wife had a kid with this guy could have been played up more.

·
Registered
A Samsung 65" QLED UHD TV... Onkyo AV Receiver... Polk Audio Surround Sound Speakers...
1,182 Posts
I noticed on last night's episodes of Dark Blue that sporadically when there are dark areas on the screen, there seems to be some kind of static or white snow appearing in parts of the picture. It seems intermittent and was happening more in the first episode last night than the second. Anyone else seeing this issue? I'm wondering if it's TNT, or FiOS TV's transmission, or my DVR, or my TV, but I've only noticed it on TNT (though Dark Blue is the only show I've watched of late on that network).

Otherwise, enjoyed last night's season premiere.

·
Premium Member
36,328 Posts
It's only been 2 episodes, but the dynamics seemed to have changed quite a bit. The Nikki Aycox role seems to have been diminished, so far anyway, and there is no way the Carter from last season would have let the FBI agent take over running his team, at least not anywhere as easily as it has happened. The Tricia Helfer character appears to have been shoe-horned into the show, I hope it doesn't ruin what is TNT's best serious drama, the rest being much lighter in content.

·
Registered
13,220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonrice /forum/post/19006114

I noticed on last night's episodes of Dark Blue that sporadically when there are dark areas on the screen, there seems to be some kind of static or white snow appearing in parts of the picture.

I noticed this via my Dish recordings it wasn't easy to spot but sections of the image would flash small sparkles around objects.

·
Registered
13,220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan /forum/post/19021204

The Nikki Aycox role seems to have been diminished, so far anyway, and there is no way the Carter from last season would have let the FBI agent take over running his team, at least not anywhere as easily as it has happened.

I think he just let her think she was in charge and as usual he/his team did what the heck they wanted.
I guess all that time in his garden has been paying dividends… he was able to pull it off without exploding!

·
Registered
A Samsung 65" QLED UHD TV... Onkyo AV Receiver... Polk Audio Surround Sound Speakers...
1,182 Posts
Last week's episode was fine. Whatever problem TNT was having previously seemed resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonrice /forum/post/19006114

I noticed on last night's episodes of Dark Blue that sporadically when there are dark areas on the screen, there seems to be some kind of static or white snow appearing in parts of the picture. It seems intermittent and was happening more in the first episode last night than the second. Anyone else seeing this issue? I'm wondering if it's TNT, or FiOS TV's transmission, or my DVR, or my TV, but I've only noticed it on TNT (though Dark Blue is the only show I've watched of late on that network).

Otherwise, enjoyed last night's season premiere.

·
Super Moderator
18,715 Posts
FWIW, I asked Dylan about how much fun it is to make out with Tricia Hefler. That's about the only thing interesting IN the interview as talking to Dylan is like pulling teeth. I've had a half dozen interviews with him and they're all the same, "can-you-tell-I-really-don't-want-to-do-this" style.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
TNT's 'Dark Blue' Fades To Black
Cop Drama Canceled After Sophomore Season

Andrea Morabito (Broadcasting & Cable) -- Multichannel News, 11/16/2010 8:36:58 PM

TNT has cancelled cop drama Dark Blue after two seasons, a network spokesperson confirmed Tuesday.

The Dylan McDermott-starrer about an undercover group of cops ended its sophomore season Sept. 10. The series averaged 2.2 million viewers.

Dark Blue was from Warner Horizon Television with Jerry Bruckheimer, Danny Cannon, Doug Jung, Rick Eid and Jonathan Littman serving as executive producers

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...s_To_Black.php

·
Super Moderator
18,715 Posts
Sad to see it go. Though I didn't like Tricia Hefler's character. Just didn't fit. Liked it better when Carter was in charge and had a lot of hidden demons.

I also think it would have made a better long-form than weekly procedural. Hard to swallow deep undercover operations that change every week.

·
Premium Member
36,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDon /forum/post/19503282

Sad to see it go. Though I didn't like Tricia Hefler's character. Just didn't fit. Liked it better when Carter was in charge and had a lot of hidden demons.

I also think it would have made a better long-form than weekly procedural. Hard to swallow deep undercover operations that change every week.

I didn't like Helfer's character either(fact is I haven't really liked her in anything other than her turn in Battlestar Galactica), her inclusion in the cast wreaked of network ratings manipulation and it ruined the whole dynamic of the cast, Carter was limited to being basically a castrated lamb this season compared to his role last year, and it severely cut down the screen time of the rest of the cast. Plus, last season there were numerous location shoots around downtown LA, I don't think they got south of Ventura Blvd this year, it looked as if every shot was done in a studio stage or on the Warner backlot, looked awful.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.