AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had two CRT projectors so far. 9PG XTRA and G70. I am using G70 now with simple connection - Just the 5BNC connection to input A from Radeon 9200 dual output video card. I have 15pin HD -> 5BNC break out cable to the G70, and the other 15pinHD to a 19inch crt monitor.

On the projector, contrast is at 70, brightness at 50.

But the picture is really dim. I increase the brightness to 70-80, the picture gets brighter (of course) but the black becomes gray. Increasing contrast makes picture better but the black detail is gone (there is no gradient in shadow and dark scene) . I witnessed similar thing with 9PG XTRA and GeForce GTS video card.

When I adjust Gamma setting from the Video Card setup menu, the picture gets better. But this time the local monitor is way too bright.

May be the input side of the projector is not sensitive enough? Is there a jumper or switch I can play with?

I have 100 inch wide 16:9 CinemaVision screen in completely light controlled dedicated theater room with dark walls and burgendy Carpet. The environment shouldn't be compromising the picture quality...

Plz help...

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm using a Radeon 9500 Pro and a G70, so we have almost identical setups.

The PJ brightness is on 50, Contrast is 80.

What SW player are you using?

Have you checked the SW player overlay controls? These are not the same as the normal Windows desktop controls.

My scoped card overlay settings are:

Brightness 8.5

Contrast 102

Gamma is 188

Yours should be similar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.