AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's my small little HT space, which I have dubbed "Dark Side Theater" as I'm a fan of Star Wars and my oldest daughter growing up always called me Vader, so this is a homage to the greatest Father in the galaxy, Vader himself, and to the dark side of the Force!

All in all, I've probably put in about 17k on this project and I am pretty happy with the results. Just to give you a frame of reference, here's what the room looked like just before we bought the house a few years ago:

Current images of the entrance to the theater:

Recent images of the inside of the theater:

Equipment List:

Projector: Sony VPL-VW695ES (4K SXRD, 1,800 lumens)
Screen: Stewart Cima Neve Fixed Frame 115" 2.35:1
AVR: Denon AVR-X4400H (9.2 channel that supports 11 channels with external amp)
External Amps: Outlaw Audio Model 5000 (5 x 120 watts into 8 ohms or 5 x 180 watts into 4 ohms), Behringer NX3000 (2 x 900 Watts into 4 Ohms)
Speakers: Fronts - Polk Audio LSiM 705's, Center - Polk Audio LSiM 704c, Side Surrounds - Polk Audio LSiM 703's, Rear Surrounds - Polk Audio LS 265LS's, Atmos speakers - Focal Sibs
Subwoofers: 2 x Monolith 15" THX Ultra 1,000 watt ported subwoofers, 4 x JBL GX Series 12" 4 ohm subwoofers (for BOSS platform), 1 x JBL GX Series 12" 4 ohm subwoofer (for BOSS Back)
Bass Shakers: 4 x Buttkicker LFE's, 1 Buttkicker BKA1000-4 amp, 1 Buttkicker BK-QCP Quick Connect Switch
HT Seating: Octane Charger XS300 Row of 4 (manual recline)
Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DP-UB820 4K Ultra HD
Media Player: 2019 Nvidia Shield TV Pro, 3GB Ram, 16GB Storage
AVR Cooling: 2 x AC Infinity Multifan S7
AV Rack: Nexera 101012 Jasper Audio Tower
Voice control: Amazon Echo Dot
Voice controlled light switches: HeimVision Wi-Fi Smart Plugs x 2
LED Lighting: WenTop LED Light Strip (under seats), 2x Up/Down 2W LED Wall Sconce Light Fixtures (Red LED)
Blu-Ray Storage: 4x Wallniture Bali Floating Wall Mount Metal U Shape Book shelves
Speaker stands: Rockville RHTSB 36" Bookshelf speaker stands

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
sweet room man...making us Florida peeps proud.

Reactions: mpk1970 and m0j0

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Thanks @chadsmith013, appreciate the compliment! Gotta represent us Florida folks since we don't have any fancy basements to work with!
exactly...having a basement would be such a solution, so we have to make it work somehow.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In my desire to have a blacked out room, I decided to by some cheap black carpet tiles and lay them down wall to wall. I bought 12 boxes for 10 bucks each from WalMart and went to work:

·
Registered
56 Posts
And here's some pictures of my previous HT space, which I dubbed the "LHT", before it got "upgraded" to the Dark Side (so I literally went from the Light Side to the Dark Side):

Great theater! Thanks for sharing pics.

Reactions: darthray
1 - 20 of 207 Posts