AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
480p is not not supported. To be fair, it is clearly greyed out on the box, and I can confirm that no tweaking of the video settings enables the mode.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
The Kung Fu Chaos curse strikes another game!

·
Registered
529 Posts
thanks for the heads up Squick - wont be picking it up!

·
Registered
114 Posts
wow, that's sad. I played a demo of it and wasn't impressed.

·
Registered
16,654 Posts
The graphics are kind of outdated anyway but still would have been nice to see some 480p . Maybe modded Xbox's will have a shot at some 480p Darkwatch with the progressive .xbe hack (???) .

------------ Jason

·
Registered
529 Posts
I refuse to call him Tabasco, it does not seem right!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is particularly bad for me, as I've got the whole video delay problem with 480i sources. No way I can play online with that kind of problem, which is what I was hoping to do to help kill some time until BO Revenge.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yep, VERY disappointed in this one. These are by far the most washed out graphics I've ever seen on my Panny. I promptly fired up my htpc and enjoyed some Battlefield 2 after a couple deaths and several minutes of Xbox Live (which incidently was kind of fun). Was nice to see some contrast on screen again!

·
Registered
16,654 Posts
Yeah , there is now a 480p patch (.xbe) for those with modded Xbox's :D .

--------- Jason

·
Registered
16,654 Posts
Well I copied over my retail "Darkwatch" disc to my Xbox Hard Drive and replaced the default.xbe file with the 480p patched version and played in 480p for a couple hours with no issues :D (no slowdown , no glitches , etc.) .

--- Just thought others might want to know that it works great (makes me wonder why the developers left out 480p ???) .

--- Best Wishes ,

------- Jason

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
It just puzzles me to no end when the xbox modding community only has to edit a few hex keys to enable 480p out of a game that can obviously support it. Maybe there is some underlying issues that we don't notice when 480p is enabled, I don't know.

That is one of the main reasons I am looking forward to the xbox360, no more being forced to play a game at 480i. :D

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp
The graphics are kind of outdated anyway but still would have been nice to see some 480p . Maybe modded Xbox's will have a shot at some 480p Darkwatch with the progressive .xbe hack (???) .

------------ Jason
Iplayed the OXM demo and i was not impressed. it felt like I was playin the 1st quake

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.