AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a dart board for the game room and am trying to decide whether I want to put it in a cabinet or just on some cork board. Please post up pics of what you all have done.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Don't have a picture as my board hasn't gone up yet, but a few reasons for using a cabinet

1) You have a place to put the darts

2) You have a place to write the scores

3) You have a place for all the other small pieces that goes along with dart.......

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Here it is in the overall room perspective (left side):

And here's a closup while the room was still in-process:

Cabinet, for the reasons already mentioned, as well as overall looks.

-sc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with why a cabinet would be a good idea, but I was just wondering if other people had come up with other ideas for storing and scoring without using a cabinet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check out dartboards.com. It will give you an idea of some of the options out there for cabinets and backer boards.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Here's a couple of shots of mine.

I made the backing with left over cork flooring and an oak frame. It's an electronic but it uses metal tipped darts. So have to worry about keeping score as the board does it for me. Other shots in my build thread in my signature.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I dont have a picture of it, but when I was in highschool, a friends mom made a "backstop" out of wine corks. She glued them down inside a wood frame. It was really cool. Just thought I would throw it out there.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Mine is also in a cabinet. Nothing above and below it and so far no dart holes in the sheetrock. But my wife hasn't played yet either. She thinks we ought to put up some cork, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
"real" darts (sharp steel shafts) or plastic to an electronic board?

It makes a difference.

We have a soft-tip tall standing coin-op stype dart game.

Sam's Club offers a nice commercial style stand-up electronic soft-tip dart game for around $300.00.

If you board is old fashioned steel darts I'd go to an commercial arcade supplier and buy a commercial quality back board with side chalk score "wings".

OR

When we had a traditional steel tip dart board I cut a simple plywood square and covered it with black felt and then fitted a bottom grooved 2 in. shelf on the bottom to hold the chalk. I hung a commercial beer themed chalk board beside the dart board so people could restore their scores.

Just get creative - most anything can look good and work well.

goodluck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts