AVS Forum banner

1561 - 1579 of 1579 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
I’m still waiting for the info on version 2 of the Ls10! I kept hearing it’s right around the corner.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Got a pretty tempting offer to upgrade my LS10 to a Stormaudio MK2 with all new Dirac modes, newest HDMI board, DTS-X pro, IMAX enhanced, etc. Looking at Datasat price strategy I doubt I would pay less going to the LS10v2 sometime in the unknown future when released! Stormaudio MK2 is already available!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Got a pretty tempting offer to upgrade my LS10 to a Stormaudio MK2 with all new Dirac modes, newest HDMI board, DTS-X pro, IMAX enhanced, etc. Looking at Datasat price strategy I doubt I would pay less going to the LS10v2 sometime in the unknown future when released! Stormaudio MK2 is already available!
Sounds like a no-brainer:)

·
Registered
351 Posts
I would jump all over that offer! I wish someone would make me that offer

·
Registered
3,593 Posts

The LS10v2 has already been released. :) Or rather, my GUESS is it would NOT be much different from this:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3112176-official-monoprice-monolith-htp-1-owners-thread.html

IMHO, the Monoprice Monolith is now the processor to beat in Hi-End audio, at a relatively very modest price. (Unless you are crazy nutty into 2 channel audio, in that case Theta Casablanca with Xtreme sound card.)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Gents,
I very much enjoyed the five years with my LS10 and you all in this thread. Nevertheless I finally took the decision to part with my beloved Datasat LS10 to go for the Stormaudio MK2 16ch version. I do assume Datasat will one day have a very good LS10 successor but as the Stormaudio is already available, based in Europe (which is sometimes easier for support living in Europe), has a very good response time when contacting them, is very modular and from sound quality comparable to Datasat (from what I heard so far) I made that decision. Once I have integrated it I will write up some notes in the Stormaudio thread especially comparing it to my LS10. Hope to stay in touch with you!

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Gents,
I very much enjoyed the five years with my LS10 and you all in this thread. Nevertheless I finally took the decision to part with my beloved Datasat LS10 to go for the Stormaudio MK2 16ch version. I do assume Datasat will one day have a very good LS10 successor but as the Stormaudio is already available, based in Europe (which is sometimes easier for support living in Europe), has a very good response time when contacting them, is very modular and from sound quality comparable to Datasat (from what I heard so far) I made that decision. Once I have integrated it I will write up some notes in the Stormaudio thread especially comparing it to my LS10. Hope to stay in touch with you!
Hope your Stormaudio performs well and lives up to your expectations. I hate to see you go, as I’m sure a few others may follow. I’m still enjoying my LS10 and have no desire for any further channels. I would to love to scratch an itch to change to something new and shiny, but I can no longer afford to keep chasing the latest technology :frown:

I probably would have bought an Altitude 16 last year, but unfortunately the market value for used LS10’s wouldn’t allow that to happen....

·
Registered
351 Posts
Gents,
So Wes what’s your initial thoughts on the Storm compared to your Ls10? I’m considering this or the Altitude 16 as my next processor

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
btw, I have an RS20i with Auro 3D, 4khdmi board, all options listed for sale here. Honestly, I didn't think it was worth the extra money, compared to my LS10.. The LS10 is a great processor.. I don't use the Auro 3D etc.. I watch TV and felt RS20i is overkill for me.. :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Just going through my first experiences with the MK2. Have still not connected the ceiling channels (as I added two new ones) and have not activated Bass Control yet (as I currently use the same curves as in my LS10).
Verdict so far:
Setup is a smooth. Great setup menu and perfect integration of Dirac
Sound: At least as good as the LS10. Again only adjusted it ‚Quick and dirty‘ and it already sounds fantastic. I would say a bit more precise then the LS10 and a more homogeneous sound / three-dimensional sound
Support: Really quick and helpful! Answering within one or two hours! E.g. Had an issue with missing subs in one setting and they wanted to schedule to log onto my MK2 for debugging
Reliability: absolutely 10 out of 10! Not have one glitch of missing picture or sound (which happened on my LS10 more or less daily!

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Just going through my first experiences with the MK2. Have still not connected the ceiling channels (as I added two new ones) and have not activated Bass Control yet (as I currently use the same curves as in my LS10).
Verdict so far:
Setup is a smooth. Great setup menu and perfect integration of Dirac
Sound: At least as good as the LS10. Again only adjusted it ‚Quick and dirty‘ and it already sounds fantastic. I would say a bit more precise then the LS10 and a more homogeneous sound / three-dimensional sound
Support: Really quick and helpful! Answering within one or two hours! E.g. Had an issue with missing subs in one setting and they wanted to schedule to log onto my MK2 for debugging
Reliability: absolutely 10 out of 10! Not have one glitch of missing picture or sound (which happened on my LS10 more or less daily!
ingo,
I’m glad to hear you’re happy with your new processor. But one of your comments puzzles me; I’ve never had a single glitch with my LS10. Am I just lucky or were you maybe having HDMI handshaking issues?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I had three different generations of HDMI boards and even though they got slightly more stable I had still had to reset the board regularly (I wrote an own macro for that).
Most of my equipment is known to be sensitive to HDMI issues such as the JVCX7000, the Apple TV4k and the Lumagen Radiance pro!

·
Premium Member
10,775 Posts
ingo,
I’m glad to hear you’re happy with your new processor. But one of your comments puzzles me; I’ve never had a single glitch with my LS10. Am I just lucky or were you maybe having HDMI handshaking issues?
HDMI issues are both cable dependent (just because they claim high speed doesn't mean they work well) and dependent on the source box. When I purchased my Lumagen, it was HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that I use cables at least 2 meters in length and from just a couple of sources. That said, I still have issues with my Nvidia as when I first select it, the chances for an all green screen are close to 90%. I switch to another source and back and the issue is fixed.

Just remember: HDMI = Highly Demonic Media Interface

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

1561 - 1579 of 1579 Posts