AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember a thread that used to be on here saying that David Letterman was going to HD in september. Has anyone heard anything on this topic?

I guess i will just keep tuning in and checking.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H:
NEWS FLASH: CBS will present The Late Show with David Letterman in HDTV, start date TBD - Late Show.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by George Thompson
FYI,

Conan and most probably Letterman too are waiting for the AVID Nitris HD editing system which is not ready yet. Conan first quarter '04, Letterman may follow suit.
http://www.avid.com/products/dna/nitris/index.asp

GT
I'm glad to hear about this as I've been really waiting for Conan to be HD for over a year now. I CAN'T WAIT!

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I've heard that Conan in HD is on hold until early next year due to lack of HD edit capability, as George said.

I've also heard that Letterman is also on hold due to scheduling and dollar issues. Hopefully the purse strings will be loosened soon.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hphase

I've also heard that Letterman is also on hold due to scheduling and dollar issues.
Not what I heard.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Letterman in HD is "on hold" due to not being ready to be in HD. Equipment that needs to be in place is not in place.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
Not what I heard.
Letterman wants to be on the air during the conversion. This means a temporary control room needs to be built. That needs to be scheduled, and resources have to be allocated for that to happen. I don't think anyone has a definite time frame for when this will be completed.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CycloneGT
Na! Dave just isn't man enough to keep up with Jay Leno.
Agree with Jerry, Leno is a terrible interviewer, the only thing he is good at is reading a prepared statement, or what he considers joke.

Is Leno more manly than Letterman? Who knows, Letterman has not been treated by the five gay men yet so there has been no A/B comparison yet:) Only thing I know is Leno sucked big time in that QEFTSG show. Almost all other regular straight guys in that show handled better and was funnier than Leno.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
At a time when the networks have to pick and choose which shows receive the HD stamp ... I would never vote for a David Letterman show (neither would I have voted for a Jay Leno show).

Why would I need to see David Letterman or his guest in HD ? HDTV excels in showing you the outside ... something like Survivor would be killer in HD (I am not sure if it already is .. sorry). Indoor studio shows ... I could care less about.

Max

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
"""""""""Why would I need to see David Letterman or his guest in HD"""""""

Simply, people are interested in seeing the guest, often tv and movie stars in hd, because a good majority of these people are nice looking... It is not about the surroundings, if you want that, pbs runs that programming the majority of the day, or get discovery hd.

I think it takes all types of programing btw.

latenight talkshows are not radio programs on tv, as some have compared when saying they don't need them to be in HD; they are if fact very visual. So an extremely obvious choice for the HD stamp ;) ..

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
You know, if it's all about the dirty thoughts preference, then I'd say that you'd prefer Survivor over anything else or big brother, maybe...remember that little notorious situation on big brother a coupla years back? Wonder what's that's like in HD, eh? So Letterman, for the most part of the show, I could still care less about. All I would be doing is recording those musical guests.

Darius

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
hmm music in hd, why does teh music need to be in hd. ;) or is that were your "dirty thoughts preference" reside.

i have no desire to see big brother or any other reality show in hd, and would actually prefer everything else be in hd first, including church.. And actaully now thinking about it is what looks to be happening.. With billy gramham having been in hd :)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
mainly for the audio quality, and presumably the music will also be in 5.1 as well when Letterman comes on. I simply like seeing concerts and I never can spare the cash to go see one.

I wouldn't watch any of those "reality shows" either. I consider them an abomination and encourage my family, without much luck, not to watch them...

Darius

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.