Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm fed up with Dell. There is absolutely no way to get through to anyone there regarding getting the shipping status of my Pio 503CMX. So, I contacted Stacy at 1-800Plasmas and she can get one to me in two days, everything else the same deal as Dell, for about $219 more than the Dell order. If I do not hear from Dell by Monday noon, I am cancelling and ordering with her.

So question, has anyone ever cancelled an order with Dell? If so, did you hit any grief? This was all C/C, so I'll have to call the CC companies and have the charges reversed if I cannot get ahold of Dell. I e-mailed my sales guy, but who knows if/when he'll respond.

thanks

Veech

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Veech:

I know people that have cancelled orders on PCs with NO problems. Cancel that damn order and do business with someone else if you can get good service for a similar price! That's my personal bias showing because I loath dealing with lots of these huge companies.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention.. the irony is that I cannot even contact anyone to cancel the damned order. *hah* The one Dell idiot that I managed to get through to on the phone of course gives me an incorrect e-mail addy to contact the service rep, it bounced back undeliverable. They are so unable or unwilling to help, they have lost my business.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah - I cancelled my order for a 503CMX from Dell about a day and a half after I ordered it. I found there had been a price drop that Dell hadn't responded to yet, so I ordered from someone else.

So with order number at the ready, I called Dell customer service to inform them of my intention. They said "no problem", but the shipment of the unit (outsourced to another company), might already be in process. So the advice was that if it showed up, simply deny reciept and send it back on it's merry way.

Sure enough, a couple days later an 18-wheeler pulls up infront of the house with my unit from Dell. I refused to accept delivery and they took it away. When I got my Amex bill, I called them to deny the charge, relaying the instructions that Dell customer service had given me. They credited me, and started an inquiry to confirm and receive credit from Dell. Eventually, it all resolved itself, with Dell issuing the credit.

It took a little longer than it should have, and Dell wasn't exactly proactive in issuing the credit, but it all worked out in the end. Just keep good records of things like order numbers, return numbers, credit numbers, and such - it'll work out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.