AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys-I am playing with a Toshiba TDP490U which is a Davis DL450 clone. I have no remote and can't seem to get into the setup menu. Is there a way without the remote?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a davis clone as well and I think I have some bad news for you... I cannot access the menus without the remote either.

Do you know anyone with a pronto? I could upload you the remote in pronto form...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keith-

Thanks very much for the reply and the offer. I don't have a Pronto. Anyone have an extra remote for sale?

Lenny Eckian

800 704 8660

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I hve seen these for sale on the web (new) for $199 (ouch!!) at that kind of money you would be better off buying a Pronto ($223) and having all the other functionality...

If this is a one off situation you could buy a super cheap learning remote and post it to a member with a Pronto.. Teach it the commands and post back... This would save you money but you would only have a cruddy remote for the job...

------------------

[email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Lecktian

there is a way - if you have the programming cable for the projector (or RS232 cable) I have a piece of software you can use (via your PC) to completely control the projector, including all setup functions - drop me a mail and I'll mail you the software...

Best regards Soren

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone very much for all this help-I really appreciate it. Alan & sfleron thanks for your very generous assistance-

Lenny Eckian

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'M also missing the remote but for my DLS8. Is there any way to access the menu with the RS232-cable ? I only have to do some simple adjustments like decreasing the brightness.

Thanks for your help!

Mike

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Aren't there controls on the top of the projector? Or is it a pain to get there?

What do you mean by "RS-232 cable"? Do you have the (orange) programming cable?

Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mike - no there are no controls for brightness/contrast on the top. The RS232 cable (mentioned by Soren above) is part of the PC-connection kit. I don't have the orange cable.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yes, you can do what you want with the programming cable. Are you sure that's what you have? I believe it's always orange, and it does *not* come with the Davis. You have to pay extra for it - like $70.

If you have the programming cable, then see this link to download the manual from Davis. It tells what settings in hyperterminal to use to connect to the projector.

Then you do something like [BRI?] to query or [BRI123] to set brightness to 123.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.