AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me decide which way to go. I currently have the EIKI model right now. I bought it used for a little more than 1K. It is an XGA and offers a decent picture and has a 4000 hr lamp, which is important to me. It is kind of loud for my taste (45 decibels). Additionally, in dark scenes, I see a gray bar down the middle (could it be lcd burn????) so that bothers me a little.

I have been offered a Davis DL450 for about 1K. I have never seen this projector in action. But it appears that this community highly endorse this projector. Can I get some advice on whether a switch is a good move? Also, projector central shows the max throw distance of the DL450 to be 16.4 ft and the diagonal screen size to be only 67 inches. Can this be right? If so, I'd stick with my EIKI LCD which can project a picture of more than 400 inches.

Thanks,

MakMak

[This message has been edited by MakMak (edited 09-14-2001).]

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Davis DL450 is not quiet either. It's pretty loud. It has a very nice image due to DLP SVGA design with good contrast. For 1K it's a good buy as it has 6000 hr bulb for $400. You'd have to view it in person to see. I'd becareful to buy this via mail as you don't know what you're getting. Repairs may cost you $500 or more. Even a dead bulb will set you back $400. Have you try another source to see if the dark bar is persistent? Have you try to blow canned air to try to clean the panels of dust blobs. It could be burns like you said. Either way good luck.

------------------

Huey ;-]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.