Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi For whats it worth,

I have had the DL450 for 2 years and love it. Recently I tried to replace it and couldn't. With the problems with LCDs(dead pixels) and rainbow effects of most DLP (we entertain alot so we keep in mind that others may be affected by it) this machine is workhorse.

I now have 1300 hrs on the lamp and it is still going strong.

Beware, this projector needs an HTPC to shine. Not a good idea but a must. You can do a search on all the things that are also required (EVC-VGA adapter and BC video caables)

clopez

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had both, used NEC for a week when comparing the two I liked Davis more (still have it), and am waiting for a really significantly better projector to upgrade (3 chip DLP most probably).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Which would be the better choice for a newbie? Is the trade off for 6000hr bulb life worth saving $400.00. The nec can be found for $1750 and the davis for $1350. My viewing will be 50% Sat tv and 50% DVD. I'd like to use just s-video for now but would consider an external scaler(Iscan or sim.)if needed. Please give your opinions I'm having trouble making any kind of decision!

Jayson

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.