AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've yet to properly calibrate my projector, but I felt that it needed adjusting because I found the image a little 'washed out' in some scenes.

The end result settings are having brightness at almost zero (enough to eliminate the halo), and contrast at about 75%.

I actualy tried and liked 0 brightness and 100% contrast, but I felt this couldn't be right, so adjusted both back a little.

Now the image has even better blacks, no halo, and far better colour saturation.

I'm using a HTPC with 3DFusion Mpact2 motherboard (sound and video built in). I've left the brightness and contrast at zero in ECenter too, with just a little increase in colour.

Anybody else running their Davis projectors like this?

TIA

Gary.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I calibrated it with AVIA and have contrast around 75 and brightnes around 20-30 I think, just from my memory. Have you tried it with avia to see if you get all the black detail out?

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi JF,

I need to find somewhere that I can get Avia from - I'm in the UK, and the on-line DVD places I've looked at, don't seem to do it.

Know of any that ship to the UK?

What graphics card are you using, and what settings did you arrive at for the card?

It sounds like I have the projector about right, but I'll need Avia to fine tune it, and to get the graphics card set up.

Thanks.

Gary.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have a DLS8 and run contrast at about 75/80 and bright about 40-50.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.