AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday of this last week, Konsberg Group of Norway announced The closure of the Davis Corporation. The projectors were made by SONEC corporation, which belongs to Konsberg. Dream vision has been in touch with SONEC and it appears a deal will be made to continue manufacturing directly for Dream Vision as well as parts for the projectors that shared the same platform.

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
This is a sad day.

Right when they were about to make a big comeback.

I heard Runco and Plus were looking at buying out the company or buying the rights to their new projector.

I guess nothing came of it.

So does this mean Dream Vision with ship the new projector!!!

------------------

Alan Gouger

Thanks for supporting AV Science.
www.avscience.com

·
Registered
464 Posts
Bummer... What does this mean to owners of Davis projectors?

------------------

-Peter

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Sad day for Davis projectors owners http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif Anybody was fast enough to make a copy of all the downloadable files that was on their web site? It could be useful in the future.

Bruno

[This message has been edited by bgosselin (edited 06-12-2001).]

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I understand, Davis owners will still be able to get parts. SONEC has expressed their willingness to manufacture for Dream Vision and Parts for both. The business details just need to be worked out. Davis accounted for 5% of SONEC's annual assembly. I am unsure of the time frame to release the new prjector from Dream Vision. I guess we will see at CEDIA. Dream Vision is in good shape and they are currently working with NEC to produce a 3-CHip DLP.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes it has been some tough weeks - we still don't know if we're sold or not - but anyway - Davis Norway (owned by Kongsberg) will still produce projectors - at least the rest of the year. After production stops, there will still be spareparts for 5 years (by law) and the warrenty on the projectors does not end until 2 years after purchase. We do not know anything else for sure - yet.

Davis Norway ownes 3 daughter companies (Davis Denmark, Davis Sweden and Predata Norway) who will continue in the business even after Davis Norway stops in 5 years or so.

We still hope that someone will buy Davis Norway from Kongsberg and continue to make great projectors.

Oh and If you need software - I have all the versions and more... feel free to mail.

Best regards Soren - Davis Denmark

·
Premium Member
16,981 Posts
Soren

Thanks for jumping in.

If they will continue to make projectors throught the rest of the year does that mean the new projectors will make it to the assembly line...........

------------------

Alan Gouger

Thanks for supporting AV Science.
www.avscience.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.