1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May 11, 2001

Davis intros CinemaTenProâ„¢

Cutting-edge projector from Davis.

-Davis, the leading manufacturer of Cinema Quality projectors designed for Home Theater premiers the CinemaTenProâ„¢ at Home Entertainment show in New York-

Scandinavian Design that stands out in a crowd

Davis has developed a complete new generation of stylish projectors that is crafted in the Scandinavian Design Tradition. This is emphasized through the use of aluminium and magnesium in the projector construction. “We wanted to create a unique home cinema projector†says Mr. Anders Fröjd, Regional Sales Manager for Davis AS. The new range from Davis is optimised for ceiling and pedestal mount, and Davis has designed a new Mounting System to complement the projector.

Easy to use Cinema Quality projector

The CinemaTenPRO TM features XGA resolution DMDâ„¢ (0,9â€), high quality optics from Carl Zeiss Company with manual focus and zoom (1.5x) and a 6-segment colour wheel. The unit is compatible with all relevant video sources, as well as HDTV (480p, 720p, 1080i). The digital projector provides excellent black level with a contrast ratio of 800:1 and fantastic colour saturation. Combined with Davis proprietary video processing technology, the CinemaTenProâ„¢ delivers clean, crisp, and exceptional high image quality. It features separate adjustment of RGB white point for all sources, as well as separate adjustment of Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, Tint and Sharpness, 16:9 function on all inputs and Digital Keystone correction. An intelligent thermal management system ensures that the high performance lamp is cooled for optimum performance while keeping the projector whisper-quiet.

New Connectivity Multiplexer

Davis has also designed a new connectivity unit with a range of inputs and outputs in order to ensure easy installations and do away with the cable-nest. With the Connectivity Multiplexer only one single run cable (up to 60 feet) is needed in order to connect the projector to any source.

“Chatani Inc. is very excited about the new model from Davis, and believes this to be the best home cinema projector ever, and it represents a quantum leap in the projector business“ Mr. Matt Eyerly, National Sales Manager for Chatani Inc. adds enthusiastically

The CinemaTenPro from Davis will be available in July 2001 from Davis’ distributor network.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Matt:

Got a link to specs? Has the 6 section color wheel cured the rainbow problem?

Dan

·
Registered
495 Posts
Matt:

Question... I have a DLX10 and when I select "video mode", I can hear the color wheel spin faster (twice as fast?) as regular mode when I use a HTPC at 60 hz. That means it has a 2X RBGW (4 section Red, Blue, Green and White) rate. Will the CinemaTen Pro spin the color wheel at regular speed, giving a 2X speed equivalent speed because it has 2 RBGs per spin or can/will it spin at a higher speed giving it the equivalent of 4X RBG?

------------------

-Tony

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Something has to give on these specs.

1100 lumens with no clear section can only be achieved with a higher wattage bulb. Please tell me they put a 200 Watt job in this guy.

With a 120 or a 150 Watt, I simply don't think 1100 is possible without the good old clear section.

Looking forward to it.

-Mr. Wigggles

------------------

The Mothership is now boarding.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi,

as far as I know it's a Phoenix 200W SHP-lamp.

Greetings, Walter

------------------

Graz, home town of the Terminator...

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MattE:

This reduces the color separation problem (rainbow effect) to a level that is significantly less visible.

[/b]
You can say that again! I am VERY sensitive to the rainbow effect, and could not see it at all on this Davis unit at the show. It sure looks like Davis has nailed this problem. Good job!

-Tom

·
Registered
88 Posts
DVI for a HTPC connection, bright enough for a normal room, cheap enough lamps for a main TV, no rainbow, and a cool looking case?

They've hit most of my checklist. The only questions left are noise, price, picture quality, and whether I'd miss a 16*9 panel...

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Hot damn! Rainbow was the only thing between me and a DLP. With my Panny getting delivered soon and the stock market up, WOWZA! It's going to be a GREAT Christmas!

Dan

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
If the new Davis really solves the rainbow problem, does that mean the Dwin Transvision and Seleco 200 and 250 will essentially be obsolete within a few months of their release? I mean, even if you don't think you see the rainbow effect on these projectors when you preview them, why would anyone take the chance that they might begin to see it after several hours, days or weeks. It seems to me (assuming that the six element wheel really does solve the problem), that you'd be smart not take your chances on the Dwin or Seleco. So what will Dwin or Seleco do? Also switch to a six element color wheel? Offer upgrades to their recent introductions? Why would they introduce a product that has the rainbow effect when the technology was available to fix it? Or is it the case that some will still see the rainbow on the Davis units? It will be interesting to see where we are 3 months from now, and then 6 months from now, etc. (It will also be interesting to see if Davis really makes it to market in July.)

[This message has been edited by smitty (edited 05-17-2001).]

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Yep, it's my understanding this color wheel will be in pretty much all DLPs before long. Since it, in effect, doubles the color wheel speed, it satisfies one of the main causes of rainbow.

Wonder when Seleco will introduce an upgraded HT250 with this color wheel? I seem to recall there was a general consensus the XGA tended to have more rainbow, hence you would think they would try to get it into that projector ASAP.

Boy, if they did this, and improved the on-board electronics, Seleco would be hard to top. Come on, Seleco, take a page from Sony and give us a projector that doesn't require another $2K scaler to produce a top-quality picture for DVD and NTSC!

Dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.