1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Not to be rude, but, will we be able to afford it? Will Dreamvision come up with a realistic pricing model? The DreamVision 500 was twice as much as the DL450 and wasn't worth the extra money.

Clopez

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
I too think Dreamvision will have to adjust their pricing structure.

We all/mostly know of projectors to be computer products, with very low margins. I always perceived Dreamvision to market their products to an elitist audiophile crowd, with a much higher price compared to similar featured computer-oriented units.

- Andy

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Interesting thing was I checked out the bulb in my Transvision so I could see what was involved with changing it. What parts are Davis ? Lots of TI chips and boards with Dwins logo engraved on them but I did not see any markings or stickers covering logos.

I never new these things had so many mirrors directing the light through the color wheel. It is amazing these things work at all. Dlp is just weird after my Crt which is full of goodies.

The Transvision2 (1280x720) will be at CES according to Roger at Dwin. I asked if they had a prototype and he ready for Cedia and his answer was "No" .

He did say it will look exactly the same as the existing Transvision and outboard scaler with all the custom scaling and 9 inputs etc.

DavidW

[This message has been edited by David Wallis (edited 08-12-2001).]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks, Alan. Actually I've been here for years, but had to re-register because I had been inactive.

As for pricing, our 'target' market et al . . .

Jean-Claude Younes of DV has always given us a premium

product that proves its value in the field. I still

use an original DL500 (not Starlite) in a HTPC & I get

spectacular performance.

Ian

(P3 733, GeForce 256, Audiophlie 2496 + a mishmash of

hifi - Cambridge Audio, YBA, a QUAD 303, JMlab 806 +

JMlab SW800 etc)

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Off-topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan Gouger:

Im glad this did not go to waist.
Alan, Freudian slip? You must be worried about your weight.

------------------

Ken Elliott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.