AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Blu-ray Reviewer
14,927 Posts
Greetings,

I would have to say that I agree Lee. I might have given it another half a star though..

Regards,

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Guess that makes Lee a Hardee. LOL! j/k

I've only seen the trailer for this which i was hoping to see the movie but never got a chance but it looked interesting. I'll give this one a rent.

Thanks for the review Lee.

Cheers

·
Registered
224 Posts
I gave this movie 2 stars on Netflix and would have been 1.5 if I could. A VERY tired and boring story with the strange toxic plume and serial killer plotlines that had zero relevance to the story. My wife and I both felt very underwhelmed and wished we could have our hour and a half back after watching it. My take...don't make the same mistake and avoid like the plague.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsantanni /forum/post/20477169

I gave this movie 2 stars on Netflix and would have been 1.5 if I could. A VERY tired and boring story with the strange toxic plume and serial killer plotlines that had zero relevance to the story. My wife and I both felt very underwhelmed and wished we could have our hour and a half back after watching it. My take...don't make the same mistake and avoid like the plague.

B-b-b-b-b-but...it has Kat Dennings! (I should get married...fast!)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wow, you guys think she is hot huh? I do not find her attractive in the least...well maybe from the neck down. But you know what they say: it's not the face you @!sd, it's the @!dfnh you face......

·
Registered
16,922 Posts
Due to Netflix lack of BD availability, this dog somehow popped into the next available disk spot .. not only did I find it boring, but quite inappropriate ..

synopsis states : "her handsome young teacher" .. Josh Lucas age was quite noticable on the BD and appeared far from young IMO .. and the tin foil, hair dying scene was simply bizarre ..

Perhaps transitioning into Lucas spending time in prison for giving in to the seduction would have been more engaging ..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought this movie was actually really interesting and fun. Maybe not a masterpiece, but definitely one of the more surprising films I've seen this year. I only watched it because it was a New York Times Critics' Pick (I hadn't heard of it before that) and I was thoroughly charmed by the dialogue and the acting. I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts